One: You're my problem

Evelyn's POV

"Have you finished the maths assignment?" Amy asked. I shut my eyes and sighed.

"I forgot again." I banged my head on the locker door.

"Have a little mercy on that door." I heard his annoying voice from behind me. I turned and saw him leaning on Luke's locker door, talking with Luke and some other guy.

I glared at him and before I could say something, the bell rang. I sighed and he smirked before leaving.

"Don't worry, you can do it in the cafeteria while having your lunch." Amy said. Placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. I nodded and we walked to class.

••••

"Why do I have to find angle A if I have to find the angle X?" I asked with my face scrunched up in confusion. Amy giggled.

"Because you can't find angle X if you don't find the angle A." She stated. I muttered a nerd under my breath as I did the homework.

A few minutes later, it was done. I was sipping on my coffee and talking to Amy.

Just when I saw about to get up, I was pushed aside by someone. I kept my balance and looked up to the person.

Of course.

Blake.

Luke and he were bickering about something.

"Oops. I'm really sorry, Evelyn." Luke said. I sighed and nodded.

"It's fine. Let's go Amy." I said and got up. I glared at Blake one more time before leaving.

Now, it was maths.

"I hope all of you have done your assignments. If not, you're getting detention." Mr David said in a monotonous tone.

Everyone nodded but

Poke.

I remembered I forgot my book in the cafeteria.

Poke.

Shit.

Poke.

I don't want a detention. My uncle will kill me. Or ground me in my room.

Poke.

Both are worse.

Poke-

"What!" I yelled in frustration. All eyes turned to me.

"Is there a problem Ms Matthews?" Mr David asked. I shook my head.

"Sorry." I mumbled. As his head turned to the board, I looked back and saw Blake. My eyes widened. I for sure know that Blake is not in this class. "What?"

He pulled out a book. My notebook. He then put it back again and smirked.

"Not a good time, Maxwell. Give it back to me." I whisper yelled. He shook his head and smirked proudly.

"Not yet, baby. What's the fun in that?" He leaned forward.

"Maxwell." I narrowed my at him.

"Carline." He copied my action.

"That's my book, Maxwell or-" he cut me off.

"Or what? You'll call your daddy, hmm?" He mocked and it hurt. I turned away, looking back at the teacher. I didn't respond to him.

The bell rang.

Good.

"While going outside, you'll keep your assignments on the table." Mr David announced.