Eight: Play along

Blake's POV

When I woke up, first thing I did was panic. I looked around and sighed knowing this is Evelyn's place. There was a blanket over me and a pillow under my head.

On cue, she came down in a pair of shorts and a simple full sleeved t-shirt, revealing her long creamy legs.

She needs to stop wearing that when I'm around.

"Good that you're awake now. Have some water and show yourself out before my uncle comes in and gets a different idea." She said with a sarcastic smile.

I rolled my eyes.

"What happened yesterday?" I asked.

"You don't remember? Oh, of course you don't." She glared at me. I frowned.

"Why are you angry on me? Did I do something wrong?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yep. I made three simple rules, no touching, no drinking and you'll bring me home safe and sound. And you here mister, broke all of them. I'm never ever going go anywhere with you now." She sighed in frustration.

"Hey! You're are at your home, safe and sound." I huffed.

"But, I drove myself here. And then the best thing you did is, pass out on my couch!" She yelled.

"Calm down woman. I don't even know why are you so frustrated." I got up from the couch. She sighed.

"I had to send the maid home because she would have told my uncle that I have a guy in the house. I'm hungry and I don't know how to cook." She sighed and I laughed.

Like really.

But then quietened down when she glared at me.

"If you're hungry, order something." I suggested. She shook her head.

"I don't have a single penny."

"Your uncle doesn't give you money?" I asked.

"No. There's no need for that. He already gives me whatever I want." She said with a smile.

"Oh then. How about I cook?" I asked.

"And poison me to death? No, thanks." She dismissed me. "I'll figure something out. By the way, I'm surprised you don't have a hangover."

"I don't get hangovers like some people." I smirked, proudly. "You know what? I'll make something for you and leave. Okay?" She raised an eyebrow but didn't question again.

••••

Currently, we were eating sandwiches that I made. Evelyn was constantly staring at me and when I asked her why, she said she doesn't want to get poisoned.

Bruh.

"It's good." She said with a smile. I smiled back. It was fun watching her eat. She would moan, savouring the taste fully.

"Thanks." I ate my own sandwich. "And Evelyn, thank you for yesterday. You know, for letting me stay."

"Appreciation sounds really weird from your mouth." She said, throwing my own words at me. I chuckled and she giggled.

I noticed a small amount of sauce on the corner of her mouth. I stretched my hand and wiped it off. I don't know why, but she blushed.

I mean, it was just a little help, right?

Right?

No?

Later, I called my driver to come and pick me up.

Now, it was time for me to leave. But, I didn't want to. I wanted to stay, with her, laugh with her and even tease her.

But, I had to leave.

"I'll see you soon." She smiled.

"Yeah, see you at school tomorrow." I left.

That night, it rained. I just sat in my window and stared outside. It was a amazing view.

••••

For the next few days, Evelyn didn't come to school. The school now seemed even more boring than how it was before. Everyday was gloomy and dull. Amy and Luke would always hangout together.

For once second, a thought crossed my mind.

Just for a second.

What if Evelyn and I were like Amy and Luke?

But then, I brushed it off.

Finally, getting tired of the shit, I asked Amy about Evelyn's absence.

"Oh. She applied for online classes." She answered. I frowned.

"What? Why?"

"You don't know?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Know what?"

"She caught flu in the rain that occurred a few days ago. Uncle Andrew told me that she wanted to enjoy the rain and she played in the rain and the next day, she caught flu. She has been taking online classes since then." She told me.

"You know but you didn't tell me?" I asked.

"You never asked, dumbass." She rolled her eyes. "Anyways, uncle Andrew is on his business trip for the weekends and he asked me to take care of Evel. You wanna come?"

I didn't even think twice.

"Sure."

••••

I somehow spent the next few days. Rebecca was there to annoy the hell outta me. I don't know why my parents even like her. I mean she's just too.....fake.

"Sir Maxwell, your father is requesting your presence in his office right now." A maid came and said. I nodded and walked to the office.

What does he want from me now?

I knocked on the door and came in. To my surprise, there stood Rebecca and her father along with my father.

"You called?" I asked in a monotonous tone.

"Son, come and sit, please." I looked and saw the only seat available was next to Rebecca. I huffed.

"No thanks. I'm good. Just tell me what it is and I'll take my leave."

"Okay. I wanna let you know that, we have succeeded in making a deal with the Russian Market. And for celebrating that, we have to arrange a party. All of our employees and their families would be there." He said.

"And you want me to be your event manager?" I asked with a scoff. He rolled his eyes.

"No. I just want you to look at the arrangements and give a speech as a future CEO and present your future wife, Rebecca in front of everyone." He said, making my eyes wide open.

"What?! No!! I'm not doing any of that stuff!" I yelled. He sighed.

"James, would you give us a moment?" Rebecca's father nodded and took his daughter with him, leaving us alone. "Listen Blake-"

"No! You listen to me dad! I'm not marrying that bitch! I don't care even if the company drowns, I won't marry her!" I yelled. Dad held me by shoulders and stared in my eyes.

"Listen Blake, we are literally in a very shitty situation. James has offered to help us through it but he kept that condition of marriage. Once everything goes back to normal, I promise, I'll myself call the deal off." He said. I shook my head.

"And when are things going back to normal? When I get engaged? Married? Have kids with that bitch?!" I glared at him.

"No, son. You won't have to do that. I promise you, I'll get us out of here and you won't have to do any of these things. Just play along till then, hmm?" He looked at me with so much of a hope, I just couldn't say no to him.

"Fine." He hugged me and rubbed my back.

"Don't worry, kiddo. Just play along."