𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

Alex's POV

I kept thinking about all the possible outcomes of what would come out of tonight. Tonight was the night that I planned to tell Kelley about my infidelity. She's been faithful to me throughout our years together and the least I could do is be honest with her.

Although we're in a weird spot in our relationship, I do think this is the first step to fixing things. I know they won't go back to whatever normal is but, it's worth a shot and I feel very dirty.

Like I've said before, I'm not going to justify my actions. I know I'm the wrong one here and I shouldn't have done what I've been doing which is also why I've decided I'll cut things off with Y/n. I haven't gotten around to telling her that but, I'm pretty sure she got that by how distant I've been as of late.

One thing going through my head is the fact that Kelley will more than likely call off our engagement. Why would she want to marry me when I've cheated on her? I've already disrespected one ring, one promise I made. Why would she even think about placing another one on my finger?

I told Kelley to meet me at home after she finished up at school today and luckily she didn't turn me down. I waited in our place as I paced back and forth in our bedroom. I was beyond nervous. This could go okay or just really bad. There isn't any in between. I just hope she'll give me a chance to fix things.

It shouldn't take her too long to get here. I left work early because I felt sick and that's more than likely because I'm nervous. I kept trying to practice how I would come out with it but, is there really a right way to say "Hey babe, I cheated on you.". The situation is too fucked up to even sound right.

I heard the door unlock downstairs and footsteps could be heard as Kelley came up the stairs. I immediately wanted to cry. I'm such a baby when it comes to Kelley and I never wanted to hurt her. All I know is, I'm about to break the most faithful and sweetest woman's heart.

"Hey." Kelley says as she came in the bedroom. She let out a deep breath before she sat on the bed and proceeded to tell me about some stuff that happened in her class. I just stayed quiet because I felt if I talked, I'd puke out of nervousness.

"Are you good?" Kelley chuckled as she stared at me. "Oh yeah, I'm fine." I say quickly as I leaned against our dresser. Kelley laid on our bed and stared at me.
"So what did you want to talk about?" Kelley's eyes looked into mine as if she was trying to see if she could figure it out on her own.

I looked down at my feet not wanting to look at her directly. I knew if I did, I'd just become more of a mess and make this way harder than it has to be.

"Kelley, do you love me?" I questioned and searched her eyes for an answer. "Of course I love you, silly." Okay good right? That's a good sign? They say love conquers all. So we can get through this. I hope.

"Okay I- I need to tell you something because what's a relationship without honesty and transparency? I just, it's been really difficult for me and I know you feel the same when I say, things with us have been complicated lately and just not how it used to be and how it should be."

Kelley just looked at me confused as she waited for me to go on. Okay maybe that isn't how she see's things. My eyes began to tear up and I knew I was going to become a crying mess. Here goes nothing.

"I want you to know that I love you with everything in me. You've been everything I could have ever asked for and I feel so dirty for this and for not being honest with you and- Kelley I cheated on you and I'm sorry, I just- I can't let us go on like this. And I know, you probably won't forgive me for it and I don't even forgive myself but-"

"You what?" Kelley said as her eyes pierced mine. I couldn't read her right now. She had an unfamiliar look in her eyes. "I'm so sorry." I sobbed as I walked over to the bed and kneeled down in front of Kelley.

"Who was it?"
Kelley didn't even look at me. "Kelley that isn't import-"
"I want to know who my fiancé was sleeping around with. You thought it was such a great idea to go fuck someone else so might as well tell me-"
"I didn't say I slept with anyone Kelley."
"Look at me and tell me you didn't." Kelley said before looking at me. Her eyes pierced mine and I could see she was filled with anger.

Obviously, I couldn't do that so Kelley just nodded her head before getting up and walking out of the room.
"Kelley, where are you going?" My voice was raspier than usual due to my tears. I followed her downstairs before she turns around sharply.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! I was planning to put a ring on your finger and you just go out and embarrass me and shit on this whole relationship for what?! You're a piece of shit, Alex. Just give me some space." Kelley says as she slipped her shoes on and walked out of our home with her keys in hand leaving me there alone.

.  .  .
Next Day
Y/n's POV

"I'm honestly surprised I'm nominated." I smiled as my friends and I left the cafeteria. I just found out I was nominated for Homecoming King which I think is funny but whatever's.

"Aww too bad you and Sophia aren't really a thing anymore, that would've been cute because we obviously know she's going to win Queen."

"Shut up." I replied bluntly.
"So you two are like a thing? You and Morgan?" Hailey asks with her eyebrow raised. "No we're just-"
"Fuck buddies and I don't blame her." River smirks as she cut me off before earning a slap from Ava.

"Is this really the best idea? I mean, she's older than you, she's our principal, must I go on?" Hailey asks making me sigh. "Hail, I'm fine things are good and we have things under wraps. We're fine."
"Okay well I just don't want anything to happen to you I'm not afraid to fight her for you."

"Hailey you know damn well you can't fight." Ava laughed out. "Well I will see y'all after school." I say getting up and leaving my group to go see Alex. She hasn't texted me back today.

I get to the office and her assistant tells me she isn't here. Well that's weird. Maybe she's sick or something. I texted her again asking her if she was okay and she began typing but left me on read. Nice.

Don't know what's going on with her but, I'll just give her her space.

A/n: So Alex came clean 👀 she's planning to end the little "entanglement" with Y/n, drama coming right up! Double update also bc I have finals this week and I probably won't upload again until Thursday or Friday 😂 but when I upload again, it'll be another double update to cap off this semester! :) college is hard :( and if you have finals this week or coming up, good luck !