Chapter Fifty:

Karma

4:15 pm

"Girl I was most definitely gonna get on his ass about last night but I didn't. He better thank god too"

Bri laughed while she pushed the cart "what? He was talkin reckless I bet"

"He talking about let's make another baby.. nigga no! HELL NO" I shook my head as I grabbed some chicken broth and put it in the cart "and he was talking about let's get married right then"

"Awee, that was cute"

"No, that's not cute. It'll be cute if he says it sober"

"They say a drunk mouth speaks sober thoughts. Ask him about it"

"True, but honestly i don't want him to feel like I'm gonna try to pressure him into something like that. Like I know I wanna be with him forever but who says he wanna get married. Ion want him to feel like he gotta marry me if he don't want to"

"That's why you gotta discuss it. See, me and shy both know getting married ain't gone happen cause neither of us wanna get married"

"Why not though? I'm just genuinely asking"

"Cause" Bri shrugged while she leaned on the cart looking at me "I just personally feel like if we know we love each other then cool. We don't need the government and other people to interfere with our relationship too"

"I understand"

"But that's just how I feel though. Just like with babies and shit. I know I used to threaten shy about child support when he made me mad but he knew I was just cappin cause he knows one thing I don't fuck with is the government. Ask shy Forreal. I remember when I had jr, they gave us all these papers to fill out and shit for his birth certificate and stuff. I told the lady that if the government so interested in having my baby's information then one of them should've sat there and pushed his ass out"

"You hate the government that bad?" I laughed

"I just don't like that they have so much control over everything"

"You right. Well I just don't want Benji to feel like I'm tryina force him cause I don't wanna push him away"

"All jokes aside Kay, I would've even be surprised if he end up doing it. I think the only reason why he might not SEEM like the type that wanna get married is because he never had a girl that give off wifey potential until now"

"You know what... I'm surprised you left jr with shy"

"I need a break" she told me as we started walking again going down to the snacks. I know it wasn't on my momma's list but shit.. "you'll understand when Hendrix old enough to crawl. Next thing you know you tryina use the bathroom in peace and he could be sitting right there with his daddy but still ends up in the bathroom with you"

"I'm tryina cherish these days while he little cause they grow up so fast. I can't believe he already about to be 3 months"

"Yes! Appreciate it while he young. I miss him being that little cause now my baby so bad kay. And I hate beating him but jr is terrible. And he be tellin me let's have another one.. hell no. He better tame that one he got now"

"Ion know why niggas be so eager to have 4 or 5 babies back to back. Like give the coochie a break! Benji always ready to say he want another one but nigga you ain pushin that shit out or carrying it so you'on get no say so"

"No forreal! Then when they say shit like that it make you scared to have sex cause ain no tellin if they tryina plot"

"Girl these niggas do what they want" I mumbled while I grabbed a bag of classic lays chips . As I turned around I bumped into somebody and quickly apologized but realized it was Nunu