Chapter Two:

Karma Aneli Lakes
October 15
12:30 pm

"Kay these look bomb as fuck" Bri told me as she looked at her lashes in the mirror. I didn't get to do her lashes the other day so I ended up doing them today while I was free

"Girl I does this" I boasted while pushing my hair behind my shoulder and Benji chuckled.

"Yo cocky ass"

I pushed my AirPod in a little more while sucking my teeth "don't hate cause I'm doing my thang"

"I ain hatin. Shit, I'm proud of you mama. Stay on yo shit too"

"Thank you baby" I smiled as I cleaned up my mess "when the last time you talk to shy or Meechie?"

"Last night" bri answered "they was gossiping like some bitches the WOLEEEEE time"

Benji sucked his teeth "Ain nobody paying bri no attention"

"I am cause she right, y'all always gossiping"

"We don't. They just lemme know what going on"

"Whatever Benji.. did they tell you ANYTHING yet?"

"Bout what?"

I made a face as if he could see me "about you getting out"

"Ion know nomo."

"Whatchu mean?"

"ain nobody tellin me shit"

"You talk to my daddy? Ain't he still over your stuff?"

"I hear from yo daddy just as much as you do. That nigga ain hit me up in months bout my shit. I be havin to find out on my own and by the time I get answers, some change"

I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh "ion know what he got going on Benji... I'll see if I can find something out for you"

"Yeah, do that. I'm tryina get out this bitch"

"I need you out too. I miss you so much"

"I miss you too. But ima letchu go head and go cause I know we ain got that much longer"

I dramatically sighed and he laughed

"I know yo grown ass ain actin like that"

"Yes I am.. ion wantchu to go"

"Ima be out soon. I promise"

"Alright.. I love you Benji"

"I love you too kay.. Ima hitchu later"

"Okay"

The phone went dead and Bri looked at me

"I know you miss him.. trust me, girl I know the feeling. Shy was in jail my entire pregnancy. He actually got out the day before jr was born. That's why I be makin sure you good cause shit be depressing when yo nigga locked up and people don't understand until they go through it.. plus Benji looked out for me while shy was locked up so I be on his ass nonstop to make sure he lookin out for you"

"Trust me, he do"

The Instagram notification from my phone played so I pulled it out of my pocket to see who dm'd me

DiSoFly✨: 👀

I rolled my eyes and swiped his message off of my screen. I wasn't even about to open it or respond because Dishaun had no need to hit me up. You'd think he would stop being messy and that wheelchair humble him but hell no. He's just as messy as ever