Artesian McCullough- Injured (c)

It certainly wasn't a perfect job working at Lichfield Penitentiary but that didn't mean you didn't enjoy it. Both you and your girlfriend, Artesian, worked there together, having met during the application process. You were the only two female correctional officers at the prison which wasn't a good thing in a women's prison. A lot of the prisoners thought that the two of you would be the easiest to manipulate due to being women yourself, but you weren't any less than your male colleagues but were a lot more empathetic. Your male colleagues did see weakness in the two of you and subconsciously you did too.

You knew that Artesian worried about you in case something bad happened and you worried about her too. When you ended up in the medical bay, you hoped that word wouldn't get to her as she would drop everything to make sure that nothing bad happened to you. Inmates and staff alike were terrible gossips and it didn't take long of you being treated by the doctor before Artesian barged through the door in search of you.

She was relieved to see you sat on the bed, conscious and with little blood on you. There was a small smear of red on your shirt but other than that there wasn't anything more that she could see.

"What happened?" She asked, rushing to your side. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," you assured her. "Nothing bad."

Artesian cocked an eyebrow at you. "You're in the medical bay, nothing good could be happening."

You rolled your eyes at her. Terrible things could happen in a prison. If an inmate wanted to hurt you, they had many opportunities to do so but no inmates had caused you harm as long as you had worked there.

"Did someone attack you?" She questioned. "What happened?"

"No one attacked me," you stated. "I cut my hand on a broken door. I called for it to be fixed and came here just to have the cut cleaned up. No lasting scars hopefully."

She calmed down slightly, resting a hand on your shoulder gently. Leaning in, Artesian pressed her lips to your temple.

"I'm glad that you're okay. When I heard that you had to come here, I was so worried that something terrible had happened to you."

"You had no reason to worry about me," you smiled softly. "It was only a stupid door."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.