💖Chapter 41💖

Chapter 41

Unedited

Felecia sat in bed with her arms wrapped across her leg. "Are you okay?" Victor asked Felecia who appeared to be lost in thought. "You've been acting funny since you had that dream, you haven't even slept gan. Are you sick or something?"

"I'm fine"

"Is this about the dream?" He asked and she raised her head up at him. "What happened in the dream? I'll call Pastor Afolayan and he'll pray for us now" he suggested and she quietly stared at him.

"I don't like this. What even happened in the dream?" He moved closer to her then he held her hands. "You can tell me anything right?"

"How bad was the dream?"

"I was.... V, I was in a place, there was this sound of drumming like people playing bata It was like a revelation, I was watching kids dance around a lady, it was like a ritual. Then it felt like I wasn't supposed to be there, like someone was trying to show me something, like...." She stalled and tears  poured down. "The look on the lady's face, that fear! V it was so real, all of the sudden it seemed like I was caught by someone and I tried running out of the place and it became too late no matter the effort I put in. Then I heard her scream loudly, it was like I was caught that was when i woke up"

"Do you know the woman? Many it's a manifestation of something that happened when your were working somewhere"

"No! I don't know her but I can remember her face so vividly. Ever since I woke up Baby, I've been having this pain in my belly."

"I'll call Pastor Afolayan right now, he'll pray everything will be okay? Have you heard?"

"How are things going over there in Enugu" Fortunate asked Dera over a phone call,  "It's fine. You sha know that I'm staying in the brother's house, I'm just hoping all these village arrows from Mama abusing those men does not come for us" she ranted and Fortunate laughed. "Sister, it's not funny oh, it's not funny at all. You should be prayerful, I didn't even sleep, Mama insulted almost four men there, imagine arrows from four different altars"

"Dera!"

"It's scary"

"I thought you were the one who wanted to be there"

"Well I wanted the distraction so I can for once not think about Debo" "There are beautiful places in Enugu, you can go touring"

"Brother Orji has gone off to work but we're going with Mum today, we're planning on going to Mummy's place and then some really cool place"

"I'm sure you'll have fun"

"Definitely. How about you?" Dera asked and Fortunate shrugged. "It must be lonely there"

"It's not exactly lonely" she answered and Dera laughed. "I almost forgot that you usually speak to your ghost friend. How is she?" She asked and Fortunate scoffed, "Are you serious?"

"Debo's mom said good morning to me with glo airtime, sister I have the whole time in the world, my airtime is not complaining. I haven't even used from my bonus"

"Well some of have to bathe and go organize things. Why don't you call Debo or your friends?"

"Just wanted to say good morning sister"

"Good morning to you too dear" she replied with a smile.

After she dropped her phone on the bed, Bisola called her. "Who were you talking to for over thirty minutes?" She asked and Fortunate laughed out loud at her exaggeration. "It's wasn't even up to thirty minutes"