💖 Chapter 11💖

At the spot where Mrs Peter was directed to buy Eko and moi moi, she found an old friend, Moria who started a conversation with her.

"Oko e nko?" "O wa (He's fine)"

"And your children?" She asked, "I only have a child"

"Ehya, so after Ebun, you only had one child?"

"There was no child after after Ebun, it was just Ebun alone"

"How is that possible? I thought she was a.."

"Shhh" Mrs Peters looked around.

"How did..."

"It's a long story,"

"I have the time"

*****

"So you guys have been keeping her in a hospital that can't help her?" "What do you expect us to do ehn? Run helter skelter?"

"Yes, like real parents do. Don't take it as an insult, but from what I've gathered, it's easy to denote you all are just keeping her in a hospital and just quietly waiting for her death"

"I haven't been in Ife for a long time Moria, where do I know?"

"You ask the right people! There's this prayer cathedral where miracles are conducted or you can go to see the Ifa or Tawa" she mentioned and Mrs Peters shook her head.

"I'm a Deaconess in church, I can't start to mix faith"

"What are you saying? Your daughter is dying? Aren't you the least bit worried about that?" "My husband isn't around"

"You don't have to tell him before going. Tawa does her divination in her own home, if you're worried about walking into a shrine" "I thought she was dedicated to serve the oracle?"

"That was what everyone expected but I really don't want to dwell on that topic for now cause that's another long story but that Tawa of that year is now a grown up woman with a husband and children. I'll give you an address, you can go to her. If she has a solution to how Ebun can escape her Abiku fate? She'll let you know" 

Fortunate received a call from one of her workers in the evening after she got back from the hospital. Zibah sounded unhappy and this made Fortunate even more worried about the reason she called.

"Hephzibah, are you okay?" "I am"

"Is my Keke okay? The way you're sounding like this, it's scaring me"

"Your Keke is fine, don't mind my voice, I'm just having a fight with my boyfriend"

"Oh." Fortunate sighed in relief.

"Do you want to talk?"

"Thank you Ma but I'll be fine. Someone came by the building and he was talking about having a talk with you. I think he's from one of these advertising agencies. He said he'll like to talk to you but I told him you already travelled and I kind of gave him your number. Have you gotten any call from him?"

"No"

"Maybe he was joking around now. Sorry for disturbing you"

"It's nothing. Good night dear"

"Good night Ma"

Ebun woke up the following morning in bad mood and a different perspective after spending the night watching how every version of her died.

She also couldn't stop thinking of the visit from Kike the previous day.
"A penny for your thought?" Mide asked and she scoffed.

"I want to leave this place" she announced to his amazement.