💖Chapter 38💖

Chapter 38

Unedited

Mrs Thorne went over to the table where she sat, "You may join me" she requested and Orji did. After a brief silence, Orji cleared his throat. He didn't even know where to start.
"Good morning to you too" she finally answered his greeting.

"I care about my daughter as it is"

"I'm not doing anything to hurt her, neither do I intend to hurt her"

"What do you do for a living?"

"I work in a marketing firm in Enugu, Enugu is a state here in Nigeria like Oklahoma to America"

"I understand. How much do you earn?"

"Is this an interrogation?"

"Yes."

"Well I earn enough that will be enough for my future family also to still take care of my parents
Besides, I'm looking forward to getting promoted too" "So you have prospects"

"You can't even begin to imagine Ma. I have great plans for your daughter and i" 

"I've heard about a lot about Nigerians, many are not good and my daughter Charlotte has always been obsessed with blacks since she dated this guy called Drake. She might not even be in love with you. It might be her obssesion"

"I can assure you that it's not"

"How are you sure?" She asked and he laughed. "What we have, what we share, it's love. There's no other description for it, I love your daughter and I'm not planning on swindling or deceiving her"

"I'm sure you can understand the concern of a mother"

"I do and I totally understand why you're interrogating me. I heard you're a cop"

"Yes I am" she chuckled, "The way you looked at me earlier on, it was like you were going to have me arrested"

"When you're being trained as a police, you'll learn to be judicious and I guess I just tapped into it. You don't look like a bad person and I hope for God's sake that my judgement isn't wrong"

"I'm not a bad person"

"How is she? How is Charlotte? She's angry at me right? All I do is for her sake. All I ever do"

Papa Orji sat in his room while his wife's phone rang. He immediately looked at the number before calling on Dera. "Papa, you called" she said and her father pointed at the phone.

"Your mother has a call"

Dera's mouth dropped, "Papa the call has ended already. The time you used in calling me, you could have picked the call or you could have even given it to madam" she answered and her father laughed.

"Obey before complain, the person will still call back" he stated and the phone rang again. "How did you know?" Dera asked picking up the phone, "Mummy you have a call" she announced, running towards her mother then she picked up the call. "Good morning" she picked up before the call ends.