💖Chapter 36💖

Chapter 36

Mide entered into his parent's room, to find his mother rubbing her palm over her forehead. She was nursing a headache. She took a quick glance at him then she rose up weakly. "Mide" she called out in a cracked voice.

She sniffled cleaning the moisture that came running down her nose with her fingers,  "Just the person I wanted  to talk to. Let's talk about your relationship with that girl" she held him by the hand. "Mom!" Mide rolled his eyes, "I'm serious dear, I'm really serious. You might not know the truth but I know it more than you do. I'm a woman and sometimes we hide the truth from the ones we love. That girl is not to be trusted, her mother is savage. She poured gutter water on me yesterday, I still smell horrible"

"Mom, what you heard about Fortunate, they're all lies. Kike lied"

"Growing up, I had my fair share of the bad girl days too Mide. You might not believe it cause I don't look like the kind,  I have my secrets and your father doesn't even know all of them. That Miracle lady won't tell you the truth, she told you Kike lied, how are you sure it's the truth? I don't want you to get stucked with someone that might end up being a liability. She's arrogant, she's wayward"

"If you had your share of bad girl days and Dad didn't care, don't you think she also deserves a second chance like you did?'

"Bad girl days there means that I wasn't a virgin when your Dad and I met. I wasn't a prostitute like her and I didn't have a mother like hers.  That woman gave me quite a scare, if I didn't run away when she went inside, I wonder what she could have brought out; maybe a gun. Mide you need to get back to your senses, I might have to visit the Ifa for your sake"

"Mom I haven't been spiritually charmed, I've just been charmed by how amazing she can be. If you can just see it. You didn't have to go her parent's house. It was embarrassing, I had to apologize, I felt awful!"

"Apologize for what? If there's anyone who deserves to be apologized to, it's me not that woman."

"I'm sorry Mom" he apologized and she busted into more tears. "I don't need your apology, all I need is for you to leave her"

"Mom I can't, just when I thought I wouldn't be able to open my heart to anyone, she came along and turned my whole life around. She gave me hope. Can't you just be happy that I'm moving on"

"Kike is there, she's hurt from all this, have you called her? Have you apologized to her? She's a sweet girl with good home training"

"I don't want her Mom, I'm sorry"

"I would like to be left alone. Please leave my room"

"Mom"

"Please leave"  she begged and an incoming call came in from Charlotte's mother.

Papa Orji managed to drive his Peugeot 504 over to Chief Adeoye's firm. Immediately he pulled over at Chief Adeoye's firm, he sighed in relief knowing the car at least made him get to his destination.

After waiting for about twenty minutes at the lobby for Chief to conclude his board meeting, he was finally granted entrance into his office.

"Chief Chief!" Papa Orji chanted,
"Baba Ibo himself!" Chief Adeoye chanted back. "Chief Chief!"

"The principal himself! I am ever loyal to your service. I'm sorry you had to wait so long, I was in a meeting"

"Twenty minutes wasn't too long, I've waited in the bank for less important things. Thank you for accepting to see me" "Don't make me feel some how Sir, why would you be thanking me for that? It's nothing, you are a friend as it is. What should the secretary get for you?"