💖Chapter 22💖

Chapter 22

Mide dragged Fortunate out of the gym. While she struggled to free herself from his grip, her wig fell on the floor and he finally lets go of her. "Leave me alone!" She yelled impulsively, "Who's holding you now?" He asked picking up the wig then he looked in to it.

"What are you looking at?"

"With the way you're acting erratic, I just had to double check if your brain in here" he added and she scoffed. "Wasn't I wearing the wig when I fought? "Or maybe it's the heat from the wig that makes you women act crazy sometimes"

"Urgh! I just want to teach that insolent girl some lesson! Let me humble her a bit. Shebi now she has mouth!" She yelled almost charging back and he held her back then she grabbed her wig back.

"Ah God!" She wobbled her index finger wishing she could disappear and appear behind Ara to finish what she started. "I would have beaten someone's child like this when. I would have separated that her bleaching body from her original skin color, I'll make her look like a national flag of different colors! Olosi!"

"What's wrong with you? Must you easily act like...." "Like what? Like what Mide? Like a freaking a tout, a Keke driver?"

"Like you don't have an image to protect. You're a motivational speaker for crying out loud. What would you say to someone who's in your shoe?"

"I'll tell the person to beat her sorry ass till they turn purple" she sighed and Mide quietly watched her as she breathe in and out angrily.
"You don't understand"

"You didn't have to react that way"

"Urgh!! What's is it with you? That was how you did the other day acting like you didn't see your Mom insult me and then you took her side and expected me to apologise for what she did." She slapped his arm with the wig.

"What did I do?" He held her hands, "Ara just called me a prostitute and you're acting as though you didn't hear it" "Are you one?"

"No!"

"Why does it bother you?"

"You're not bald are you?" "No I'm not, I prefer this particular hairstyle"
"But yet it bothers you every time i mention it, why?"

"Must you always counter my points?" He hissed slapping his forehead then rolled his eyes. "Are you with Durojaiye?"

"No! Why would you think so?"

"He's not a good person, I hope you know know that" he warned oblivious that Durojaiye was standing behind him.

"I'm pretty sure Fortunate can take care of herself. I'll take it from here" Durojaiye volunteered and he walked away.

"I'm sorry Ara called you a prostitute. She doesn't even have the right to call you that. If there's anyone that deserves the title, it would have been her" Durojaiye apologized then saw Mide watching from the frameless glass wall.
Fortunate folded her hands then she looked away blinking back her tears. "I've never ever done anything bad to Ara not once, I don't know why she... Why she keeps hating." "Shhh" Durojaiye hugged her gently rubbing her back then he grinned at Mide .

Watch and learn Mide, that's how you handle women affairs!

Mide walked away angrily.

Fortunate sighed pulling away from his arms then she wiped he tears off with her fingers. "I have to go."
"Are you free tonight? I have a party coming up tonight and every other night after this"

"I'm not really into parties"

"But you promised"

"I'll come on Friday, the real birthday, not the rest of the days"