This Isn't Charity

"KILLS ME TO KILL YOU WHEN I TELL YOU THAT I FELT IT ONCE, I CAN'T FEEL IT TWICE, IT'S MORE THAN I CAN TAKE BABY, IT HURTS ME TO TELL YOU I DON'T FEEL THE SAME"

Parking in my usual spot, right across the road from 51 and I already feel a lot better than before. It's as though these past three months passed in a blur, I wasn't Olivia, I was the Olivia that everyone thought I should be.

But I wasn't me.

Stepping out of the car, purposely deciding to show up a bit later so I could make a somewhat dramatic entrance.

Walking into the living area, I am greeted with a chorus of 'hey Olivia's' as they think I am just here to run an errand for 53.

"Hey guys" I greet them while walking over to the breakfast line, pretending that I am not aware of their eyes watching me curiously. I start filing up my plate, Brett is in front of me, holding onto the spatula as she stares at me.

I look up, noticing they have all stopped talking and are staring at me.

"Oh" I pretend to act surprised, "I didn't tell you" I put my plate down, "I'm back at 51!" I announce.

"You're joking!" Brett drops the spatula, "I'm not" I shake my head, "I'm officially back!" I exclaim.

"YESSSS!" Hermann leads the cheers as they all jump up from their seats and embrace me. "YOU'RE BACK!!!" Capp lifts off my feet and spins me around, as I laugh loudly, overwhelmed with delight.

Once we calm down, they pull away from me and I get to breathe. 

"Hermann, what did you do?" Casey questions, "I didn't do anything" Hermann holds his hands up, "actually it was Foster who helped wake me up and smell the roses" I give her the credit. "She helped me read my own mind and for that, thank you" I say to her, "only wanted to help" she remains humble.

"Come here, Foster" they all embrace her as well, thanking her to helping bring me back.

The more I watch, the more I realise that I made the right decision.

That's until Kelly walks in, sending me a small smile, probably heard I was coming back from Boden. He then walks to his office, everyone already senses the awkwardness between us, but I just brush it off.

Truck and Engine get called out.

"Welcome back where you belong" Hermann pecks my temple as the others rub my shoulders on their way out. 

"It feels good to be back!" I exclaim, plopping myself down on the chair.

"It's good to have you back" Cruz pats my shoulder, "we were worried they were going to replace you soon" he adds. "I thought you guys were going to remain a four man squad?" I question, "Severide wanted us to remain a four man squad but headquarters was on his case about picking a replacement" Tony explains. 

"Oh" I reply, "why didn't he just pick a replacement?" I ask.

"I think he always thought you would come back" Cruz replies, "and if you were replaced then it might it made your departure permanent" he adds. 

"Well I'm glad you guys didn't replace me" I chuckle. 

"Why did you come back anyway? Why give up the lieutenancy?" Capp questions, "I want to be a lieutenant but I'm in no rush" I answer. "I just want to enjoy my time with you guys" I add, "and by you guys, you mean Severide" they tease as I roll my eyes. 

"Let's get the driver side compartment cleaned" Kelly walks back out, "and I want the equipment polished too" he adds.

"You got it, Lieutenant" we all stand up but Kelly holds onto my upper arm to stop me from walking off with the others.