You Should Have

Lawrence, Harry, and Bryan ran to Edna's office immediately. They bursted inside her office without even knocking. They saw Eric and Vic talking with Edna. The atmosphere got intense. "Boys—" but Edna was immediately interrupted—

"No time! We need to plan now." Lawrence said as he walked to Edna and took Eden's blueprints. "There has to be something here." He added.

"What are you doing? What are you talking about? What's going on?" Edna asked Lawrence, completely clueless of what was happening.

"Edna.." Harry called, "We fear that the CSD will attack us."

"When? And how can you be so sure?" Vic asked.

"Dr. Sanchez left me a note, and it said, Friday the thirteenth." Bryan answered.

"Dr. Sanchez, you say?" Eric asked.

"Yes."

"It's not the CSD who will attack us.. It is Dr. Sanchez and her pitiless soldiers."

"Sanchez wanted me to give up Eden but I refused.. Maybe that was what she was saying to me.. If I didn't give up Eden..." Edna hesitated.

"Then they will take it by force." Lawrence looked at Edna as he completed her sentence. "She will go offensive. With the horde outside, it's gonna be dangerous."

"So what are we gonna do?"

"Is there any place in Eden that can be used for the people to evacuate?" Harry asked.

"The auditorium."

"Good, then what we need to do is to keep them away from the auditorium." Vic added.

"Edna, your daughter, Mary, she served the military. Right?" Eric asked her.

"Yes, she did. She can help us to devise a plan." Edna added.

"I'll go get her." Bryan said then rushed to get Mary.

"We only have three days before Friday. We need to make it work." Lawrence said, focused as ever.

"What's your plan Law?" Eric asked.

Lawrence sighed and made eye contact with Harry; Harry nodded at him for support. Lawrence told everyone his plan and hoped that it would work.
_____________________________
For the next two days, the people were busy day and night, but Eden's defences leveled up. "The barricades are strong as a building's foundation." Mary said to Lawrence.

"Really?" He asked in surprise.

"Well, it could." She smiled.

Not so long, Eugene approached Lawrence. "Women, children, and the elderly are all inside the auditorium just like we planned."

"What about Eden's supplies?" Lawrence asked.

"With them." He stood beside Lawrence and looked where he was staring at. "I hope this works."

"It will."

"How can you be sure?" Mary looked at him.

Lawrence sighed but still remained a focused yet calmed self. "It will." He repeated.

"I was informed that we are not gonna kill people." Eugene said.

"You're correct."

"Then who or what are we against?"

By the time Eugene asked that, he remembered what Eric told them in Edna's office. It was just Vic, Edna, Eric, and Lawrence in the room. "We are gonna kill people..are we?" Edna asked with a frown.