Last Moment

Before the explosion happened, Ethan, Harry and Eric's men walked quietly as they followed the big footprints. "Everybody be alert, we don't want to get too surprised—" Just then when Harry finished speaking, a scared man pulled him to his direction.

"P-please! He-help me!" The scared man begged them.

"Barry?" One of Eric's men asked as he recognised him.

"Erluke! Jones! Let's get outta here now!" Barry said, scared as a cat. Just then, they heard a loud stomp, each two seconds the loud stomp continues. "I-it's here..." Barry said as he attempted to run for his life, but Ethan stopped him.

"Stop!" Ethan said in a whisper.

"Do you wanna get killed huh? No one can stop that, not even a bullet can hurt that monster!" Barry said as he held Ethan's shirt.

"But we need to stick together." Harry said as he held Barry's right shoulder.

"Oh yeah? Then what's your plan?"

"I need your eyes and cooperation, soon as we get to the other end of the building, we're safe. No one will get separated, we are doing this...together." They all readied their weapons and followed Harry's lead, Ethan and the others behind him.

They walked a bit slowly and cautiously, to not get caught by the monster. Meanwhile, Barry was super scared that he wanted to run. The monster roared from a distance but they still continued to walk. "We're almost there." Harry said.

"Then let's run!" Barry whispered.

"It's too dangerous, just be on your guard and we are all safe." Ethan said.

After a few seconds of walking, the loud stomp was getting closer than before. They walked faster until suddenly— SQUICK! Barry stepped a— rubber ducky? "Oh..shoot." Erluke said.

The monster heard the loud squick that echoed the room along with its footsteps. Harry, Ethan and the others looked back and saw the monster behind them. Its skin was all green, covered with blood and a bit big, it was..a zombie. It turned to their direction and made a furious expression as it roared. "RUUUNNN!!" Jones shouted.

"Harry!" Ethan shouted as he catched up to him.

"We need to hide!" Harry said. Erluke tripped and sprained his ankle, "ACK!"

"Erluke!!" Jones shouted as he went to his side.

"No! Go! Leave without me! I'll just slow you down!"

When Harry saw them, he helped Jones, "We are leaving together! C'mon let's go!"

As they helped Erluke, Ethan held up his gun pointing at the flamable gas. "HURRY!" He shouted, once everyone was together and everything was clear, he shot the flamable gas then— BOOM! When he looked at the zombie, it was still walking while it was on fire. "S***!" Ethan shouted.

"Ethan!" Harry said, Ethan ran to reunite with them.

When they were in the main building near the exit to the car, they saw Lawrence, Tris, Zed and Eugene running to them. "Are you guys okay?" Lawrence asked worriedly.

"What happened?" Tris added.

"We'll tell you later but right now—" Harry was interrupted, they saw the big zombie walking staight to them, fast.

"We need to go!" Ethan shouted.

All of them ran to the exit and opened the door. Or that's what they thought. The zombie carried a large bent mental that looked like a metal staircase that probably fell when the factory was abandoned. The zombie threw it to their direction. Fortunately, nothing bad happened to Tris, except being trapped inside the factory. Eric's men, Lawrence, Zed, Ethan, Eugene and Harry made it through. "TRIS!" They shouted, Tris looked behind her and saw the zombie walking close to her.

"Guys the front door!" Harry panicked.

"It's in the east building! The building is on fire!" Ethan said.

"But we need to get her out of there!" Eugene shouted.

"GO! I'll find a way out! Here!" Tris handed them the fireworks that were left beside the door, "Take this and leave me now! Go! I'll find a way out of here."

"But you're trapped! The door in the west building's pure of zombies, we need to get you out of there now!" Zed said.

"We are not gonna leave you here Tris!" Lawrence said while finding a way to save her.

"JUST FUDGING LISTEN TO ME! This is a firework factory and in any minute it will explode! SO JUST GO!... Go, please.. Just go. It's okay, I'll be fine." Tears flowed down to her cheeks as she held onto the metal tightly, the guys cried and held her hand like it was the last day they'll ever see her again. "Just go, it's okay.." Tris smiled at them while tears ran down to her cheeks. The guys ran to the car leaving Tris behind.

Meanwhile, while the guys approached the car, Emily went out the car and asked, "Whe-where's Tris?" When none of them answered, she realized that she was left behind. She tried to run so she could save her but Eugene stopped her tracks and pulled her back into the car with full force. "LET ME GO! WE NEED TO SAVE HER! THE PLACE IS ON FIRE! IT'S GONNA BLOW! WE-WE NEED TO SAVE HER! SHE'S MY BESTFRIEND!" Emily shouted as she tried to pull herself.

When they were in the car, the zombies were approaching from the back, so Zed started the car. "WE NEED TO SAVE TRIS!!" Emily cried.

"WE CAN'T!" Lawrence shouted angrily. However, it was a different kind of anger. He wasn't angry at her, he wasn't angry at anyone..but himself.

Zed drove fast just not to reach the factory's explosion, when after a few seconds...

BOOM! BOOM! BOOOOMMM!!

The factory exploded... They all tried to let go of the sadness, the anger, for not even trying to save her. It was like the last flame went out just by a drop of water.

When they returned to Eden, the others waited at the front of the gate, inside the community. Specifically, Vic, Edna, Mary and Dane. When they all went out of the car, Emily ran to her parents and cried. "We got the fireworks." Zed handed it to Vic.

"What happened out there?" Dane asked concerned.

"And where's Tris?" Edna added.

All of them fell silent, and walked to their house without a single word. While the guys walked, Eugene went to Tris' house instead. "What are you doing?" Zed asked.

Just when Eugene touched her doorknob, he suddenly cried and knelt before her door. All of them went beside him and cried with him as they remembered the last moment they saw Tris..

"Just go, it's okay.."

Like the story? Press vote and leave a comment. Share it to others if you like! Wait for the next chapter! Thank you!