Rage

Edna's emotions were nothing but wrath. Everything that Shane told her was nothing but for her own self-interest. She did say it was for the CSD. But she was like a book that's hard to read. VERY HARD too.

As the both of them fell silent, Shane sighed. Edna could tell she was disappointed in her. "I honestly regret giving this garbage job to you. No offence though— it's just— business." Shane stood up and straightened her posture. "Now, for excuse me, I have other business to attend to."

Before Shane could go, Edna called for her. "Dr. Sanchez.." Shane turned to face her. "Don't enter Eden.. Ever again." Edna added.

"I can't promise you that."

"Why the f*** not?"

"Because.. You're the only safe zone the world has." Then she left, leaving Edna in total shock.
_____________________________
Shane went outside the office, she saw Vic and some other unfamiliar faces. She made eye contact with the five boys and smiled, "I think we haven't met before. What are your names?"

"My name is Lawrence Smith."

"Ethan Greene."

"Eugene Parker."

"I'm Harry Pines."

"Zed Ryder."

"Such strong, adorable, young boys.. How old are you?" She asked.

"All of us are eighteen. Well, Eugene's gonna turn eighteen next week." Harry answered.

"Oh wow! Advanced happy birthday to you Eugene! I wish you the best!" She smiled. Eugene smiled back and said nothing else. "I should go, oh also be careful to what you say." After a few steps, she paused then turned to face them. "I won't forget your names." Then she left.

By the time she left, all of them were confused. "What does she mean?" Zed asked.

"I have no idea." Eugene answered.

Instantly, Vic barged inside Edna's office. They saw her, in total shock. Like she was somewhat paralysed. "Edna?" Vic called, Edna didn't answer. Just after a few seconds, she stared at the five boys who looked worried as well.

"Why do you look at me with such eyes?" Edna asked, tears forming in her eyes.

The boys were confused, they felt like Edna was trying to hide something from them. "You're like a mother to us, in— you know?— someway." Harry gave her a heart-warming smile. It made her feel guiltier than ever.

As her tears ran down, she admitted— "I planned..everything. Tris, the factory, the horde...it was all on me."

"What are you talking about?" Eugene said slowly, trying to get everything clear. By the moment they heard Tris. They knew everything wasn't right.

"I knew the factory had a sickening zombie. I knew that she won't make it out alive.." Edna cried.

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" Eugene shouted, rage forming inside of him.

"I had no other choice—"

"AND TAKING SOMEONE'S LIFE IS THE ONLY F***ING CHOICE YOU HAD? REALLY? WHY ARE YOU SO— STUPID!"

"Eugene enough!" Lawrence looked at him.

"Go back to your house and rest." Vic said, and they obeyed.
_____________________________
When they went back inside their house, the air instantly got intense the moment all of them were inside. Just then— Eugene thought about the room where Lawrence found the answers. It made him angrier than before, he tried to calm himself but he just couldn't. "You knew." He said to Lawrence while he was controlling his rage.