Zed

Ethan, Harry and Lawrence went outside the walls to scavenge. Eugene, on the other hand, went to the clinic for a medic training. Zed went to the tower where the lookouts are.

"Hey Bryan! Sorry I'm a bit late." Zed apologised.

"It's okay bro. Now for excuse me? I will be taking a nice long nap!" Bryan went down and went to his house.

Zed just stood up there, he looked down at the zombies who were stuck at the spiked barricades. He just ignored it. Earlier, Vic told Zed that his shift will be over if only when the scavengers come back. Being a lookout may seem.. Boring, but it's still a job. He just sat there on the tower, looked bored. He sighed heavily and suddenly, he remembered that time before everything went to chaos.

His mom and him were outside, in a mall, shopped for clothes. They already had a good time. However, someone screamed.. When they turned to see what happened, they saw zombies..

"Mom run!!" Zed shouted as they ran.

They ran to somewhere safe.
They went in a some kind of basement, Zed saw a long pipe that he could use so he took it. Just then, there was a zombie in there. Zed readied his pipe and killed the zombie.

"Are you alright mom?" Zed asked.

"Yeah, I'm— ZED WATCH OUT!" His mom shouted.

Zed thought he killed the zombie, but no. His mom pushed him to the side just to save his life. The zombie ate her infront of Zed. He killed the zombie by stabbing it like several times. He went to his mom's side and held her.

"Mom! No no no no no! Mom no!" He cried while he held her.

He stood up and took his pipe and went out.

He lived in other people's houses, scavenged for food, and killed zombies.

One time, there was a group of people, mean people. When they saw Zed, they knocked him out and took his things. Except for the pipe, they thought it would be useless.
So Zed was just there, laid on the ground, gave up on everything. He lost hope. But... That's what he thought again. While he was unconscious, 2 guys saved him from the zombies. Zed heard gun shots, he felt being pulled. He thought he was dead.

After 2 days, Zed woke up. It was weird, the last thing he could recall was him being knocked out with a bunch of strangers and left him alone on the road. But now? He woke up on a couch, with a pillow and a blanket and a sword, pipe and a gun just across him.

"So you are..awake?" A blonde haired guy said.

"W-where am I? Who are you? What happened?" Zed asked.

"I'm not a computer."

Just then, the front door opened and another blonde guy went in and looked at the both of them.

"You're awake!" He said.

"Yeah, like a minute ago." The other blonde guy spoke.

The guy who came in got a chair and sat across him, while the other guy just stood up infront of him.

"Tell us.. Who are you?" The guy who sat down asked.

"I'm Zed Ryder.. Who are you guys?" Zed asked.

"We're your saviours." The guy who just stood up said.

"I'm Lawrence Smith and this is Eugene Parker. We saved you from those zombies who almost eat you." Lawrence said.

"I don't need saving." Zed said.

"You don't? May I remind you that you were unconscious for 2 days. You should be thankful." Eugene said.

"Look, mean guy! I just met you! And can't just trust the people who just saved me from those monsters out there!"

"It's fine if you don't trust us. Or maybe not come with us. But it's your choice.. We get it. If you want to leave as soon as possible we'll let you." Lawrence said as he stood up and went upstairs.

Eugene rolled his eyes and went to the kitchen.

It was already night, Zed was still there on the couch and looked at the window. It was a bit peaceful outside but.. It kind of creeped him out a bit.

"Zed? Dinner's ready." Lawrence called him for dinner.

Zed stood up and went in the dining room. They all ate the food together. Once they were all stuffed, Zed looked at them and asked, "Can I join you?"

"You want to join us?" Lawrence asked.

"Yes."

Eugene sighed, "If you want to join us there are rules. First, don't do a lot of talk shit. Second, be aware. And lastly, don't be stupid."

"Almost not a nice way to put it but.. That'll do." Lawrence said.

"If that's all then I agree." Zed said.

"This path will be dangerous Zed. Are you sure?"

"I'd die doing something than be alone for the rest of my life."

"I guess he's in then." Eugene said.

Eugene looked into his eyes, like he was trying to say something, more like an 'I'm watching you' kinda way.

Days had passed, they kept on moving forward. They saw an abandoned grocery store and decided to check if there were food.

In there was nasty. Spilled milk with blood, the fruits were smashed, and there was blood all over the place.

"What happened to this place?" Zed asked disgusted.

"What always happens.." Eugene said.

Lawrence saw canned foods on a shelf, it wasn't enough for 2 days but they just took it.
Suddenly, they heard something behind the door. There were gun shots then the door rattled. They moved carefully and readied their weapons.

Lawrence opened the door then a black haired guy with a blue jacket stumbled on the ground. Guess the guy was trying to get out of there.
When they saw a zombie went out, Eugene killed it with his sword.

The guy panted and panted then he looked at them. He said, "Thank you.. I'm very sorry if that frightened you.."

"It's fine." Lawrence said.

"How did you get in there?" Zed asked.

"Long story.." the guy said.