IV. New Friend!

The guys saw how clean the house was. The living room, dining, kitchen, and even their rooms.

"Wow, effort.." Eugene said.

"Could you at least appreciate their work?" Zed asked.

"I just did."

There was a knock on the door. Ethan opened the door and saw an adult blonde woman carrying a basket with towels and clothes. "Hi! I'm Mary! I heard that you guys just came here so I brought towels and extra clothes." Mary smiled.

"Thank you," Ethan said.

Mary gave them the basket and they thanked her, "So what's your name guys?" She asked.

"I'm Harry."

"Zed"

"Lawrence"

"I'm Ethan."

"And that guy there—" but before Lawrence could finish—

"Eugene. You don't have to introduce me to others Lawrence." Eugene said.

"Right."

"They told me there was a girl with you," Mary added.

"Oh, she's just next door," Harry said.

"Great! See you guys around! Oh and welcome to Eden!" Mary went out and knocked at Tris' door.

Tris opened the door and saw Mary, "Hello! I'm Mary! Here are your clothes and towel."

"Tris.." She said as she shook hands with her.

"So you came here with a bunch of guys huh?"

"Yeah, they saved me." Tris laughed.

"You're lucky! You look young, how old are you?"

"I'm 17."

"17?! In 2 days my daughter will be 17 too! I think you should meet her. She's nice, she doesn't go out much unless she's scheduled for scavenging."

"Scavenging?"

"They're the ones who scavenge outside the wall and bring home some kinds of stuff that we all need. Like food, water, and that survival stuff."

"Aren't you scared?"

"I am. But it's her choice, I can't change that... Anyways, go clean up and bring me your clothes right over there." Mary pointed at her house.

"I will."

"Good! See you around then!"

When Mary was about to leave, Tris saw something around her neck.

"Uh... Mary?" Tris called.

"Yup?" Mary asked.

"What's that around your neck?"

"Oh, this?" Mary showed her a necklace that the military uses. "I was a soldier," Mary added.

"A soldier?"

"Yeah! My mom took me in here after my last mission with the lieutenant."

"Lieu-lieutenant?"

"Yeah.."

"Is he alive?"

"Lieutenant Jenkins?"

"Yes! Is my dad alive? Is he here? Can I see him? I want to say that I love and miss him so much!"

Mary didn't know what to say, she remembered her last mission with him.

"FALL BACK!!" Lieutenant Jenkins shouted, before he could run, he was bitten by a zombie. Mary shot the zombie's head and helped Lieutenant Jenkins.