[16]

nobody knows this little rose —
it might a pilgrim be
did I not take it from the ways
and lift it up to thee.
only a bee will miss it —
only a butterfly,
hastening from far journey —
on its breast to lie —
only a bird will wonder —
only a breeze will sigh —
ah little rose — how easy
for such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

only a bee will miss it —only a butterfly,hastening from far journey —on its breast to lie —only a bird will wonder —only a breeze will sigh —ah little rose — how easyfor such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

class activities aren't so bad

After waking up from a long, dreamless sleep, Angeline stared into the mirror to find dried tear stains on her face. Looking around the room, and seeing Knox snoring in his bed, the girl quietly opened the door and slipped out into the hallway. The cold air that hit her face was welcomed with open arms, in contrast of the cozy and cramped feeling of the dorm rooms. Treading lightly across the floor, the girl made sure to make as little sound as possible.

Throwing her clothes on top of the sink counter, the girl turned on the nearest faucet and grabbed a small towel. Wetting it slightly, Angeline lightly messaged the soft material into her skin, wiping away the excess makeup and tears of last night's breakdown.

A knock at the door startled the girl, who knocks her clean uniform off the counter. Muffled words and bumps could be heard before the door opened, showing Neil holding a towel.

"Shit Angie, I didn't know you were in here!" He paused and looked the girl over.

"You look upset. You wanna talk?" Neil placed the towel on the counter and slid next to the girl, jokingly bumping his shoulder against hers.

Sighing, Angeline flicked the small towel at the boy and laughed as he flinched as the cold water hit his face. "I'm alright Neil, just a little bad news from home."

"You should clear that up with Meeks then Angie. I'm pretty sure he's freaking out right now. He spent hours last night rambling about how your guys's date might have gone wrong and you didn't want to see him anymore."

"That's absolutely not true. I had fun on that date. The most fun I'd had in a while actually." Leaning against the boy, Angeline fiddled with the clothes in her hand.

"Did he seem mad?"

Scrunching up his eyes in confusion, Neil looked at the girl in alarm. "Mad? Angie are you nuts? Meeks is absolutely crazy for you, didn't you hear me when I said he talked about you for like hours? It would be embarrassing if you didn't like him back. We can't have another Romeo in the group, Knox is enough already!"

The two laughed and Angeline motioned towards the door. "I should probably go, I still have to change before Knox gets up."