𝐢𝐢.𝐢. 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥

THE 75TH GAMES' ARENA, 1ST DAY

THE 75TH GAMES' ARENA, 1ST DAY. MORNING

WHEN ELOWEN'S EYES FLICKERED, beneath the sudden blinding light following the darkness by which she had been engulfed, a whole palette of blues swelled up her view.

Still with trembling hands and agitated shape, the girl was aware of the little time she had to take in her surroundings before she had to make a run for her life. Not a second more, or less, after the first cannon was blown in the arena. Announcing the opening of the games.

While her weak feet were standing on solid ground, her platform was circled by crystal blue water. Swaying on a cool and gentle rhythm entirely different to the way Elowen's heart pounded below her ribcage. The moderate and soft sound of the waves filled the nervous silence of the arena, mixed with the anxious pants of the ginger and those she had around her. Her nightmare concerning water held a highly possible chance of coming to reality now, judging by her situation and context. And the girl couldn't happen to be more terrified as her eyes scanned around her. Finding more and more water wherever she landed her eyes on.

Elowen's circular platform ─ as well as the other tributes', was situated in a bed of salty water, every one of them being parted from the others by a rocky wedge in between them. As though a small portion of the resembling sea had been given to each of the 24 tributes as their way to get to the Cornucopia; the silver, horn-shaped formation where their equipment and weapons prevailed. On the opposite direction, and behind each of the tributes, a round jungle with rising tall palm trees and distinct tropical vegetation arose. Right at the feet of a short area covered with light brown sand, that separated it from the water.

Trying to settle her nerves and get the tiniest concentration she could clutch in her, the ginger's blue eyes left the water to look at the tributes around her.

The male tribute from Ten and the woman from Three stood on her sides, and what her sight could get beyond that, was difficult to decipher. She could only assume that Wendell would be on the other side of the Cornucopia, as they usually separated the tributes from the same District as far as they could. Two platforms away from hers, her clouded gaze managed to distinguish a short woman with long grey hair, instantly recognising her as Mags. There was little her sight could betray her on that. Then, a voice was heard.

"Let the 75th Hunger Games begin. May the odds ever be in your favour".

Under those words echoing throughout the arena, Elowen saw the others around her shift in position. Ready to jump off their platform and into the water as soon as the clock struck zero. She contemplated at some of them with the little time she had as they aligned their bodies to dive into the clear deep water, and the red-haired acknowledged how the odds were already against her. Finnick and Mags would be in an evident advantage, seeing that they came from the fishing district and the water was like an old friend in their arms. Even the tributes from One, Two and Three were likely to have experience in the water. But not Elowen.