𝐢.𝐢𝐱. 𝐚 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧

A FEW HOURS HAD GONE BY SINCE THE TRIBUTES HAD BEEN INTERVIEWED, and Callista and Eldridge hadn't made it back to District Five's quarters yet

Elowen sat on the large couch with a velvet blanket over her legs, having changed clothes and removed all the makeup and glitter from her face after pulling her hair up in a messy bun. Wendell had been pacing in front of the large windows of the lounge room, ever since they had arrived. Not releasing a single word while he admired the city in its darkness and every small light in the apartments and streets.

And Azura, who had walked them back to the apartment, attempted to keep herself entertained by preparing a cup of camomille for the three of them. Although her eyes drifted to the modern clock hanging in the wall every so often, counting the minutes which had gone by since they had separated from the mentors.

It was when the Five's escort began to pour the boiling water on the flower-decorated porcelain cups, that the doors of the quarters went open, with Callista and Eldridge crossing them at swift and eager steps.

But although their pace could have meant good news and their excitement to share them with their tributes (that way had seemed to believe it Wendell, who's eyes sparked with a hint of hope when he turned his body to face them), the expression on the dark-haired female and the brunette male's faces gave out that their effort, hadn't been enough.

"You all did quite a good scene, and it will take a while for Snow and his men to put people at ease. But it hasn't been enough," Eldridge announced as the two made their way to the couch, Azura following behind them with a golden tray with their cups of tea on it. "We're still playing".

Falling next to Elowen, Wendell cursed through his gritted teeth, and for an instant, the only thing that could be heard around the room were the cups quivering on the tray under Azura's trembling grip as she placed it on the petite table in front of her. Though Elowen had initially thought they wouldn't make it, she had been helpless to stop her soul from taking a small hold of faith, which now deflated with Eldridge's words.

Callista, however, made her hold a tinier bit of it with her words. "But now there's a much bigger plan in the works. Something that might help you to come out of the Games alive," she told, taking Elowen's hands in her own to grab her attention. Even when the female already had it all on her, shocked by her words. "I need you both to listen carefully. We only have a few minutes".

Wendell, next to the ginger, seemed to be just as bewildered as she. "What are you talking about?"

"They have managed to give us a few minutes to talk with you about it, but we must be fast," Eldridge explained, taking the lead again. "We don't know when the cameras and wires are going to reboot. Plutarch warned us they won't take long to notice".

All of them gathered around the sofa, with the two mentors in front of their tributes and Azura taking the spot on the couch at Elowen's right side, she and Wendell managed to pull their questions and confusion aside to listen to what they had to say. Especially after hearing the Head Gamemaker was involved.