𝐢.𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤, 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞, 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞

THE NIGHT SOON CAME

THE NIGHT SOON CAME. And following it, the day rose in a clear blue sky and no trace of any cloud in it. Elowen first opened her eyes with the bedsheets all tangled around her legs. A result of her tossing and turning, not succeeding to fall asleep when she had first gotten into bed. And later, the troubling, disturbing dreams she's had until six am, a point when she couldn't bear them any longer.

Surprisingly, there hadn't been nightmares crawling under her bed and getting in her sleep, something which was quite unusual to the day ─ and especially under the given circumstances. But she had owned bothering illusions about her solo performance in front of the judges. Which had gone so badly, the female had been mocked and laughed at by the poor mark she had obtained. Just as it had happened on her 72nd Hunger Games, making her the weakest of the tributes.

Perhaps that had been the reason for her lack of nightmares. Today was their solo performance. The test which would divide the weak from the strong ones; those considered a thread from those who weren't likely to get past their first night. Even without someone chasing after them with a thirst for blood. The trial which had made everyone believe she wouldn't stand a chance.

When she eventually rose from the king-sized bed that she had all for herself, her bare feet walked her closer to the glass window picture, from where she got to see an extensive size of the Capitol. The tall and modern buildings, the few people who had already left their houses and walked through the still empty and silent streets in their colourful and extravagant clothes.

A city that had it all. All the wealth. The finest, most comfortable, and easiest lifestyle. And yet when Elowen looked at it, it only made her miss Five even more than she already pined for her District.

The girl carried her still numb body to the shower, where she spent large minutes under the warm water running from the shower head, enjoying how the warm temperature of the water relaxed and easied every fibre and muscle from her body, sore after her training from the prior day. The water felt as it took her worries and concern way from her with every drop of water running down the length of her body, putting her at ease. And for the moment the shower lasted, it was enough to change her perspective on her day ahead.

At least, for a while.

When she got out of it, Elowen didn't bother to pick some of the clothes with different shades of beige with which they had stocked the room's dresser, slipping on her second pair and clean training suit and saving herself from switching clothes a second time after her breakfast was done.

For her hair, she used one of the soft and warm towels to pad and release the excess of water that dripped from the ends of her ginger locks and decided to let it loose, believing Azura would want to put her hands on it before she left to the training centre to pull it up in one of her delicate but effective hairstyles.

Having Eldridge talk with Wendell about matters which escaped Elowen's interest and awareness, the girl joined Callista and Azura on the table; the three females of the group together to enjoy the feast and excessive food placed on their table, leaving no empty space. Enjoying the breakfast by their side ─ although she didn't dislike or mind Wendell and Eldridge's company, soon became another highlight of their day.