𝐢.𝐢𝐢. 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦, 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

10 MONTHS LATER, DISTRICT'S 5 VICTORS' VILLAGE

VICTORS' VILLAGE

ON THE PRIME FEW INSTANTS after Elowen's eyelashes flickered on top her heavy eyes, under the light soaking through the beige curtains of the room, the female felt herself at home.

But that was all a product of her imagination. Her light verdant walls had been replaced by warm vanilla tones, and the white headboard of her bed adopted a wrinkled texture under a deep, coffee-like pigment, comparable to the log of those pine trees which had encircled her in the Games. Almost, as if it had been made of that very same material.

Back home, she had only owned a pillow, but now her head and right arm rested under three, all of different sizes and mellowness. And the long sleeve t-shirt in which she slept, plain and beige as her matching shorts, had been delicately chosen for her ─ according to the people at the Capitol, and something to what Azura had agreed, the tone which best complimented her skin hue and long sinuous and red hair.

Three years she had spent her day to day in that house, and yet in the very first seconds of every morning when she woke up, her mind still travelled back to her old room. Her bedroom. And each time she pushed the memory aside, as one of those sweet dreams in which you don't want to deem much due to the humble, or fictitious possibilities there are for it to become true.

Landing her bare feet on the parquet flooring, Elowen walked to the arched window through where the sunlight fell at the end of her bed, and glanced at the main road of the village which separated her garden ─ although it was mostly her mother who spent hours watering the plants and wandering around it with a book in her hands, from Callista's. In it, a small kid of dark hair and a smile which could break hearts ran after a yellowish plastic ball, while his also dark-haired mother watched him with a smile on his face and a warm cup of tea between her hands.

As if aware of her presence, Callista rose her eyes to the window, and her smile spread deeper at the sight of the ginger girl. Her mouth opened when she looked back at her soon, pronouncing words which Elowen wasn't able to make out through the thickness of the glass window and her melodious and quiet voice, but when the little boy's head rose to find her sight and his petite hand waved eagerly at her, the female's monotonous and tedious day promptly became a little bit greater.

Sliding in her ballet flat shoes and taking a grey cardigan with her, the girl left the room with her bed still undone and climbed down the stairs to the lower floor of the house, giving a quick kiss and a good morning to her mother in the kitchen before she crossed the main door and went outside.

"Wen!" a small voice shouted when the cool breeze of the early morning hit her bare legs, and little Elys forgot about his ball to run towards the ginger girl, who greeted him with open arms and an expanded heart by the child's reception. When his chubby arms went to rest on her neck, Elowen took hold of him and took him with her, his legs soon following his upper limbs grasping the female's waist.