Chapter 2 - Broken

Robert was sitting on the couch of the sitting room, hugging Georgie tightly. He tried to make an imprint of her body on his, concentrating on how warm and solid and comforting she felt in his arms, not wanting to forget a single thing about her.

“I love you so much, Georgie. I love you so much,” he murmured into her hair, breathing in her special smell.

“I love you, Robert. I’ll never stop loving you. I’ll love you forever,” she whispered back, her face pressed into his neck.

“I’ll be back as soon as I can to get you. If he moves you, I’ll find you. I’ll never stop looking, Georgie. I swear it.”

“I trust you, Robert. I’ll wait for you. No matter how long it takes, I promise I’ll wait for you.”

Then Robert heard the locks on the door to the outside being thrown open and he suddenly felt fear, his heart racing. The two of them stood up still holding onto each other as they listened to the last lock click open, both of them shaking. There was a moment of silence and then the door was thrown open and hit the wall with a bang, making them jump.

The first thing Robert saw was a guard with a gun pointed directly at him. He immediately pushed Georgie behind him for protection and she wrapped her arms around his chest, clinging to him as they watched guards pour into the room. The bastard came in last, his smug smile plastered on his face. As soon as Robert saw him, he could feel rage boiling through his body. When the bastard saw the expression on Robert’s face, his smug smile broadened with delight.

“It’s time, Robert!” he exclaimed happily, clearly enjoying himself.

Georgie cried out “No!” while the guards began advancing on them, spreading themselves out even more.

Knowing what was coming, Robert immediately turned and wrapped his arms around her. The two of them clung to each other as tightly as they could, Georgie wrapping her legs around him just as the guards reached them. Hands grabbed onto his arms as Georgie started crying, “No!” over and over.

It seemed like every single one of the men was surrounding them, so close he could hear their heavy breathing as they pulled on them. Georgie’s plaintive cries of “No!” were more desperate and mixed with sobs as her arms were pulled off him.

His strength was no match for all the men pulling on him and he could feel an ache in his chest growing as he knew he was going to lose his fight to keep his arms around her. It wasn’t long before he was pulled off her, but she still had her legs around his waist and he could hear the men grunting as they worked to pry them apart.

At the exact moment she was finally wrenched off his body, Robert felt the ache in his chest turn into a crushing pain and Georgie screamed a heartbreaking, “No!”

The men holding him started dragging him away from her as he fought wildly against them, shouting, “Georgie!”

Two guards held onto her and she thrashed her body violently, desperately trying to free herself from their hold as she screamed, “Robert!” over and over mingled with sobs.

No matter how hard he fought to keep from losing her, he was being taken further and further away, her piercing screams for him breaking his heart. When they reached the door to the outside, he wrapped one of his legs around the door frame in a futile attempt to keep from being pulled through, but more men grabbed him and he was yanked out of the flat.

The guards holding Georgie threw her backwards to the floor and ran to the door while she struggled to get up. She ran after them, frantically trying to get to him. He saw the desperation and sorrow in her eyes as she looked at him, knowing she wasn’t going to make it. Then the door was slammed shut and the locks quickly turned, trapping her in the flat alone.