Empty ~ 3

Before reading the chapter be warned! There are dark themes and some triggering moments. Please be advised.

****

Allen raced down the halls of the Black Order with an angry swordsman chasing him, cursing through the crowd of people. Snickering, Allen turned a corner sharply and tried to run straight to his room, but because he doesn't have a sense of direction at all he managed to get lost. He was running through a set of doors and when he tried to open them all were locked.

"Shit" he muttered, breathing heavily, desperately needing a place to hide and rest. He ran down the hall again hoping that one of the doors was open and empty. 

"Where the hell am I anyway?!" Allen looked around. hearing footsteps close behind him he picked up his pace going to the last door at the end of the hall and tested the doorknob, "Yes!" He pushed the door open and stepped inside just as Kanda came into view, slamming the door in his face.

Allen locked the door and leaned against it panting heavily, desperate for some much-needed air. He suddenly heard a growl coming from the other side of the door.

"Damned brat! Open the door so I can slice you into pieces!"

"You think that would want to make me open it? Think again baka!" Allen replied, panting. He leaned his head back and ran a hand through his messy hair.

"Moyashi open this door right now!"

Allen weakly laughed, tired of running and of everything that has been happening to him lately. This was the first time feeling free in months! And he loved it. Loved the feeling of running away and never stopping. Loved how the cool hair brushed passed his hair as he was running. If only it would not end. If only he didn't feel like shit inside he would have enjoyed it even more.

"Moyashi...open up" Kanda panted from the other side of the door clearly exhausted from their little game of cat and mouse. 

Allen sighed, looking down his hair covering his face.

"Yu, what's wrong with me?" He asked the samurai through the door. Allen could hear Kanda lean against the door, sighing in exhaustion.

"Look Moyashi. I don't know what the hell is going on with you but..." Kanda paused for a minute then continued, "you have people who do care about you and will miss you." Allen held his breath listening closely.

"Che'" Kanda clicked his tongue, "now would you open the door Moyashi, you're in MY room."

Allen burst out laughing, slowly backing away from the door and grabbing the doorknob, "of course I know that but it doesn't matter they will grow tired eventually." Allen whispered, hoping Kanda didn't hear as he swung open the door and a grumpy samurai pushed his way in.

"Nice flower Kanda," Allen pointed at the flower on the nightstand next to the window. Kanda froze eyes directly on the flower. It was a Lotus encased in an hourglass. It's petals slowly and ever so gently falling to the bottom of the glass and resting there.

"It's a Lotus Moyashi," Kanda replied to Allen not bothering to look at him. He sighed and turned to him, crossing his arms.

"Uh..." Allen looked away and walked out of the already open door, "well it's beautiful." 

Allen turned away shutting the door but not before hearing Kanda say, "you may think that now but trust in those who care."

***

As he left Kanda's room he made his way to his room. On his way there he accidentally brushed shoulders with Lavi.

"Hey!" Lavi replied bumping his shoulder against Allen's harshly. Allen stumbled back not daring to look up.