Mom's Day Off

"Mom! Rocky stole the carrot from me!" "I did not! Mel's lying!" The pups said as I was laying on the couch. "You did too!" "I did not! It slipped from your paws!" They argued as I sighed softly. I jumped off the couch then walked over to the toy box and pulled out a rubber steak. "There. No more fighting." I said a Truly and Coby were watching TV with Rhino. Thank goodness they were fans of their father.Bolt was at school with Penny for Pet Show and Tell. They should be back..."Hi, silly doggies." Now. I jumped up and walked over as the pups ran over. 

"Hey, hon. How are you feeling? You look tired." Bolt said with concern as we rubbed noses. "Yeah. Rocky and Mel have been having many disagreements lately." I said softly as we walked over to the couch. "Come on, guys." Penny said with a smile, holding the cage. "What's going on?" I asked and looked at Bolt, sitting down. "Penny's taking the pups over to her friend's for a sleepover. So tonight, you get the night off while I shall tend to your needs." He said and nuzzled my nose again. "Oh, Bolt. You don't have to do that." I said softly with a smile. "I want to and I will. You deserve it, my princess." He said with a smile and licked my cheek. 

"Bye, my rescue pup! Bye, Bolt!" Penny said as the kids all started talking at the same time, saying goodbye to us. Mom was at her sisters for the night, but made sure we had enough to eat. "Let it begin." Bolt said with a smile and bumped me gently. "Come on, let's play outside." He said as I tilted my head before following him out. He walked over and grabbed a ball before rolling it. I ran after it happily then brought it back to him. We played fetch for a few minutes before I panted softly and dropped the ball. "That is not easy anymore." I said with a giggle as he chuckled. He started to walk back in as I followed before he turned on some music and started doing a goofy dance. "What are you doing?" I asked while giggling. 

"I'm dancing can't you tell?" He asked with a smile and swayed his tail and tapped his paws on the floor. "You're such a goofball." I giggle and walked over to him. He smirked a bit and tackled me to the floor like how we first met. "Who was a hero actor?" He asked as I smiled. "You pulled me across the country." I said with a giggle. "But you stuck around after the leash was no longer tying us." He said and nuzzled my nose. "That's because a stronger force pulled me towards you." I said with a smile, nuzzling his back. "Love is a powerful thing." He said as I tilted my head a bit. "I was gonna say Rhino." I said as he rolled his eyes with a smile and got off me. "I'm kidding. You know I love you. I wouldn't have had four pups if I didn't." I said with a smile and nuzzled my head under his chin. 

"I couldn't ask for a better mother to my pups. I love you so much." He said and nuzzled me back as I licked his cheek. "Come on, we can turn on a movie and cuddle for the rest of the day." He said and hopped onto the couch as I hopped up next to him and laid down. He grabbed a blanket then laid down, covering us up. That's what we did for the rest of the day. Cuddled up close to each other while watching a romantic comedy. I couldn't ask for a better 'Mom's Day Off'. 

(This was requested. Short, yes. I know, but I'm not that inspired to write more. When I am, maybe I'll edit it to be longer. Love you!!!!)