Dog Face

We walked up a hill and saw a RV campground with peopled putting out food and kids playing. "There's your antidote. Food." I said and looked at all the delicious food on the tables. "Go on, use the dog face. This is gonna be beautiful." I said and sat down, then looked at him as he looked like he was confused. "You know, beg." I said as he still didn't know. "Do the dog face." I said and turned towards him. "What...the dog face? What does that mean?" He asked as I sighed. 

"Figures I'm tied to the one dog on Earth who doesn't know how to beg." I said softly then looked at him. "Okay, if you want the fo-...the antidote, you're gonna have to do exactly what I do." I said, really hating myself. I haven't begged in ages. "No. Not likely. You're a degenerated creature of darkness." He said, looking away. "Yeah, yeah. Granted. But, that said, all I'm asking you to do is just follow my moves. You can do that, can't you? Come on." I said and tilted my head as he slowly did it.

"More. More." I said as he was close. "This is stupid." He said and stopped tilting his head. "No, no, no, come on. Work with me on this, please. You're almost there." I said and gave a small smile. "Oh, boy." He said, slightly shaking his head a little then tilted his head like me and gave a small smile. 

Bolt's POV

I found this idea ridiculous but I guess it's a shot at getting the antidote. "Okay. Try it the other way." Y/N said and tilted her head to the right. Since she was sitting across from me I titled my head to the left. "There you go. Tilt up. Down." She said, moving her head as I followed her movements. "Now a little smile. Lose the smile. Drop your left ear. Your other left." She said, as I tried to hide a smile at how accurate she's trying to be. "Okay, the other way was better. Now drop them both." She said as I did. 

"Hold it. Right there. And ever so slightly, look up." She said as I looked up. "Soup is on, baby!" She said happily, wagging her tail. We started walking down as I got a little curious. "Hey, may I ask a question?" I asked gently. "You just did." She giggled softly as my ears perked up more. "Sure go ahead." She said and gave a small smile. "I don't get why you don't beg since you're a dog as well." I said as she slowly lost the smile and looked away. "It's been a while." She said softly. 

"But let's not make this about me. Let's get that antidote!" She said and tried to change the subject as she hid under an RV. "Now bark softly." She said as I did. The door to the RV opened to show some couple as I looked up at them. I looked at Y/N as she did the 'dog face' which was adorable on her. I shook my head a little then looked at the couple, making the face. "Aw! Here you go!" They said and tossed down half of a hot-dog. "Yes!" Y/N cheered then crawled out from under the RV and sat down. We both ate the hot-dog then Y/N taught me more 'dog faces' as we got more food.

Y/N's POV

We walked over to an RV as I hid under the picnic table. Bolt barked softly as an elderly woman opened up the door. He did his thing as she smiled. "Well, hello puppy. Did you come for some of grandma's butter bean dumplings? Mmm mmm mmm. You wait right there." She said and closed the door as I crawled out from under the picnic table. "Look at you. You're quite the little actor, huh?" I asked and smiled. "I haven't ate like this in ages." I said, rubbing my stomach as I missed Bolt's confused face before looking back at the door.

"Yeah, well. Don't get use to it. We gotta keep moving." He said as I stood up. "But this place is a gold mine! What's wrong with you? Every week, new RVs bring us new suckers, who bring us new food. Look around! It's perfect!" I said, not really wanting to leave. I haven't had this much food in forever. "Do my eyes deceive me? Is this some apparition I see before me? Or could it be? My hero! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh!" A hamster cheered happily as he rolled in his ball while me and Bolt looked at him like he was nuts.

"You're Bolt, the SuperDog! You're fully awesome!" The little brown hamster said, cheering again. "Wait you know this dog?" I asked as me and Bolt walked up to him and sat down. "Oh I do! He is fully awesome." He said and looked at me. "Ah, yeah, yeah, yeah. We've established that. Who are you?" I asked, tilting my head. "I'm Rhino." He said, as I tried not to giggle. "Rhino, the hamster?" I asked as I see Bolt from the corner of my eye, shaking his head as he tried to hide a smile. 

"Well, you know, my ancestry isn't all hamster. I 1/16 wolf...with a little wolverine somewhere...but that's besides the point! We have before us, a legend! Bolt, the SuperDog! He can outrun speeding missiles, and burn through solid metal with his heat vision! Ooo, ooo! And best of all, he can obliterate large structures with his super bark!" Rhino fanned over him excitedly. "Wait a minute, you've seen the super bark?" I asked and stood up. "Have you been...observing me?" Bolt asked speechless. 

"Well, yeah. I watch you all the time!" Rhino said with smile on his tiny face. "That's incredible." Bolt said as I looked at them with confusion. "Oh, it's nothing really." Rhino gushed. "But I'm always so vigilant. No one can evade my detection. You're a phantom." Bolt said as I gave a 'really' look. "Uhhh if you say so. Oh hey, check it out! Look at this Bolt action!" Rhino said and posed, showing a birthmark on the same side Bolt has his lightning bolt.