005

(this song is really cute, i was listening to it while writing this chapter uwu)

CHLOE

I think I'm in love with Skyler. I'm not completely sure though. That kiss, that dreadful kiss. It sent me further into confusion, it's the complete opposite reaction I thought I would've gotten. I ended up avoiding Skyler the rest of the day. I didn't want to say anything that might reveal my true feelings to her. Question raced through my head as the day passed. Was she playing around? Was she experimenting with her sexuality? I can never tell what's going on with that girl. She can be so impulsive, so reckless. Adorably clueless, the way she operates can be so cute— NO! I have to think straight.

I couldn't keep these feelings bottled up any longer and vented to Eunji that entire night. I told her everything, that kiss, my feelings for Skyler and the confusion about my sexuality. I have to admit it was such a blessing Eunji was willing to listen or I might've exploded.

The next afternoon, I was woken up by a loud knock on the door. It was strange, I didn't expect anyone to come over. My sister, Chaerin was working from nine am to seven pm. Maybe it was Eunji coming to check up on me.

Man, was I wrong.

I opened the door to see Skyler, in a large hoodie right in front of me. The hoodie practically swallowed her whole, she looked so small and fragile in that hoodie. It was a completely turnover from what Skyler usually is. She's a larger than life and bright type of person, whether if it was because of her bold fashion or her personality, from a simple look, you could tell she is different from the crowd. But here she was, in a boring plain hoodie, looking like a lost puppy, it made me a little scared of the reason why she's here.

We stood in an awkward silence before she spoke up, "How's it hanging?" I swallowed a gulp of air, "I'm good, and you?" She shrugged and snickered, "I'm feeling a little bit nervous."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, nervous?

"Do you wanna come inside and talk about what's going on?" I stepped to the side and opened the door wider. She didn't respond and simply walked into the house. She took off her shoes and sat on the couch in the living room. I followed her and sat next to her.

"This is gonna be a little hard to get out but I'll try my best. Please just listen and let me power through this," I nodded and she continued, "Chloe, we've been friends for a long ass time and honestly you're one of, honestly, the most amazing person I've met in my life. Fuck, I'm not really good with this emotional sappy shit so I'm gonna say this, just bluntly, Chloe, I am in love with you. Fucking knee deep, down into the pits of hell, ninth circle of hell type deep in love with you." I held a wide smile at her words, and my face began to heat up a little.

"I don't know how long I've been in love with you for, as long as I can remember. Since we first met I guess. Now, I know, I know, this is a lot to take in, you're probably feeling maybe mad, or sad, I'm not sure, but-" I cut Skyler off with a deep kiss.

I can't lie, I've never felt so good until now. I felt like a million pounds was lifted off of me. Skyler was a little surprised but soon melted into the kiss. Her lips were so soft, and gentle. My lids fluttered shut at the feeling of her lips and my hands slowly entangled themselves through Skyler's hair. Soon we pulled away and she gave me smile before pulling me into a loving hug.

I held her tight, savoring that moment as much as I could. Skyler let me go, and giggled at my bratty reaction after she ended the hug.

We spent the rest of the day, cuddling and watching movies until the blue sky turned dark.

I watched Skyler with admiration as she pulled on her shoes.

Before she left, she gave me one last smile.

"I love you Chloe."

"I love you too Skyler."