009

C H L O E

The world didn't feel the same as I walked into my bedroom. I just lost my best friend and my girlfriend on the same day. My mom opened the door, I didn't even bother to look at her and acknowledge her, I continued to search my closet for a pair of shorts and a comfortable t-shirt.

"Hey baby, how'd it go with Skyler?" She reached to stroke my hair but I quickly batted her hand away. She clicked her tongue disappointed at my attitude and obvious answer to he question.

"Chloe, you're pissed off now but I swear, when you're old and you understand this world better, you'll be thanking me for saving you." I continued to ignore her and she sighed.

"While you were out, me and Anna, you know Anna right?" My mind was a little fuzzy at the mention of that name, Anna... Anna had a son, we went to sports camp together. That's all I could remember. "Anna and I were thinking, maybe you and Nate could be set up together." She lightly nudged me.

"What do you mean 'set up together'?" I asked in a low and mean voice. "You two meet on a Friday, have a nice dinner and a cute walk around the town and come home." A frown quickly melded into my face, it hasn't even been a day since breaking up with Skyler and my mother is setting up a date for me. This was so insensitive, my blood began to boil.

"Anna and I have planned this for a while, obviously we wanted both of you open and single, this stuff would've never took off if you and Skyler were dating. I had to make sure, you were single." My mom chuckled. "Well, I appreciate your efforts but I'm done with dating for a while." I was about to turn back to the closet when a harsh slap landed on the side of my face. My hands quickly caressed my cheek as my eyes burned and welled up with tears. A lump began to form in my throat, and my face began to heat up. Despite all that I kept a straight face and held back tears to intimidate my mother.

A silence fell upon the room before my mom ran her hands through hands and growled. "You're a child Chloe. You're nothing but a spoiled, entitled little child, and I'm your mother. You'll do what I say. No matter what happens I refuse to raise a disappointment and I refuse to raise a sinner!" She yelled in her unbearable, shrill voice. She took a moment, "Honey, I just care for you a lot. That's all." She wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

"I'm sorry for hitting you sweetheart." She whispered before kissing me on the forehead.

"You'll meet on Nate on Friday at Anna's house, dress up like you always and have a good time." With that, she left my room.

Once again, I began to cry into a sleeve from my closet.

I should've moved to Mexico sooner.