008

C H L O E
I didn't bother texting Skyler in the morning. I didn't bother coming downstairs for breakfast either, I was too shy to talk to my mom after last night.

I made up a million scenarios, I could come out to my mother and possibly be ignored for the rest of my life by her and the rest of my family, I could break up with Skyler and be straight for the rest of my life, or I could bury myself in a deep ditch somewhere in Mexico and never been seen again...

30 minutes, one hour, two hours past and I still sat comfortably in my bed. A knock snapped me out of my thoughts, and the door slowly opened.

My mom slowly walked into my room with a steaming mug and a plate of waffles with strawberries and whipped cream on the side. She gave me a small smile as she placed the food on my vanity and continued to my bed. She sat next to me and carefully stroked my hair.

"Good morning love, are you feeling alright?" She softly asked. I looked down and made a small nod. We sat in silence, I sat completely frozen, unable to move from the tension in the room.

"I pray for you Chloe. Everyday." She said suddenly. I remained unresponsive, I felt sick, too weak to speak. "I pray that you always do the right thing, I know how it is sometimes."

"Skyler isn't faithful is she?" I shook my head. "Without a god, you're lost and you can be easily manipulated by anyone. It's sad that Skyler is so lost. Chloe, you have to remain faithful, okay? When the world tries to influence you with dirt and filth, like homosexual acts, you stand strong and you continuously stand by the Lord." My mom sighed.

"Sometimes, being faithful comes with sacrifices." I hadn't heard what she was about to say but I somehow knew, and I didn't like it.

"For your own good, and as your mother, I ask, no, I demand you end your friendship with Skyler. Today."

A small squeak left my throat, a small attempt to protest against her wishes. "Chloe you hear me? End that friendship or whatever the hell that is with Skyler today."

I nodded again and began to get up before my mom stopped me by harshly grabbing my arm, "Okay?"

I muttered a small okay. My mom gave me a small kiss on the forehead and left the room. I silently cried by muffling my whimpers with a sleeve from my shirt in the closet. I couldn't breathe and I fell to the floor.

I have to let the love of my life go.

I dressed in a large hoodie and walked out the house without saying a word.

I buzzed Eunji's apartment room and Skyler answered. I almost cried when her voice flowed through the speaker.

"Hello?" I weakly said, she gasped. "Hi hi hold on!" Seconds later, a beep signaled the door was open and I made my way upstairs.

The door was already opened and I walked to the living room. Skyler was already there, organizing the place. "Give me a second—." I cut her off.

"My mom knows about us." Skyler slowly turned around with her jaw opened. "S-she made me come here.. Skyler, I love you but.." Skyler's eyes welled up making my throat tighten. My legs were just about to fail on me but I continued, "It's over. We... we're over."

She collapsed to the floor and cried. Her painful wails rang through the entire apartment, echoing into the halls. I didn't know what to do, I've never seen Skyler cry. Her dad has left her right in front of her eyes, her mom hasn't been there for her most of her life yet she never cried.

This is what broke the camel's back. Shyly I made my way to her. It crushed me to see her like this. I squatted and hugged her tight.

"I'm sorry Skyler. I'm really sorry." I rocked side to side. We sat like that for a bit, Skyler cried into my chest, her arms had a tight grip around me.

She calmed down and got up. She wiped her nose, looking down. "I still love you lots Skyler. You'll always be my bad mcbitch." I grinned.

"Shut up loser." Skyler chuckled a little, and finally gave me a tight hug.

I gave Skyler a smile before leaving, not looking back once.