Chapter 21 - Kiss

(Hi guys! I have mentioned Amariannarose before, and now she is working on a new matrix fanfic! It's called "The One He Can't Live Without 💕💔💞💗 I recommend checking it out. I got motivation to write this story from her Agent Smith X reader story! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! And i hope you guys are having a lovely day!)

The moment felt like it had been going on for hours or perhaps days, but it was really a minute or two. Staying like that, made Jinx feel safe. She had not expected this. Neo broke the kiss. Jinx was left shocked. Just staring at him. "That means i like you too." Neo said smirking. A dazed chuckle left Jinx's mouth. 

After a moment someone knocked on the door. "I'll get that." Neo said. Jinx nodded sluggishly. All her fears of him not liking her back were gone. "Tank?" Neo asked. "Roxy is awake. And she asked to see Jinx." That was enough to snap Jinx from her daze. She walked to Neo's side. "Ok. Ill come right away." 

Jinx walked to the ship. Tank was also making his way there but he was walking faster. Neo was walking with Jinx. "Let's discuss.. 'the thing..' after this, ok?" Neo nodded. He was smiling. 

They arrived in front of Roxy's door. Jinx stepped in to find Roxy sitting on her bed. "What is this place?" She asked. She was clearly scared,  but now that someone she knew was with her, she seemed to calm down a little. "I know that you are very confused, but i'm not the one with answers. Morpheus is. And he will explain you everything later. Now, you should try to eat something." "I'm not really hungry." Roxy said. "I'm more tired." Jinx nodded slowly. She turned around, but felt someone hold on her sleeve. She turned around. "I don't want to be alone.. Could you stay with me, please?" Jinx nodded and set on the side of the bed. 

Roxy was sleeping peacefully. Tank and Neo finally entered. "She is alright. Just little confused." Jinx said. She turned her gaze at Neo. "I promised to stay by her side. I can't leave her." "I understand. We have lot to discuss so.. Mind if i stay too?" Jinx nodded smiling. "I need to go. I have.. stuff to do." Tank said exiting the room. "You stole my speech." Neo said with a sarcastic 'offended' tone. "I borrowed your speech." Jinx said smirking. Neo chuckled a little.

 After a little while of joking around Jinx decided to ask something that was bothering her. "So.. What did the kiss mean? Are we together now or?" "Well i'd like to take you on a date before starting a relationship if you don't mind." Jinx lifted her brows. "I'd love that." She replied.

Couple of hours passed and then there was a knock on the door. It was Mouse. "Guys guess what!?" "Shh! Roxy is sleeping." Jinx whispered. She and Neo had talked on a normal volume, but knowing Mouse, he would be loud. "We are getting a new crew member." Jinx gasped quietly. "Really?" "Yes. Her name is Naranechia. I heard that Morpheus wants her on board." "Well. I can't wait to meet her."

Mouse had left an hour ago to do god knows what. Neo and Jinx had been left alone. "So, when?" "When what?" Neo was confused. "When will you take me on that date?" Jinx said smiling brightly "Oh.. Are you free tomorrow?" "Sure. I have nothing special planned." There was a knock at the massive iron door. Neo opened the door to see Morpheus. "You both are needed for a crew meeting." "I can't leave Roxy.. I promised to stay by her side." "It is important." Jinx sighed in defeat and walked to them. "Fine. Let's get this over with." 

Morpheus sat in the end of the metallic table. There was a girl sitting on his left. With a short bright red hair. There was a beautiful tone of purpleish blue in her eyes. Jinx was sitting next to Neo. Everyone was there except Roxy. "This is Naranechia. She will be joining our crew. Because of that someone needs to share a room." "I could. I would love to share a room with Neo." Jinx said taking a quick glance at Neo. He nodded with a small smile. "It is settled then." Morpheus said ending the meeting. 

Jinx was preparing to go move her stuff, when she saw someone approaching

Jinx was preparing to go move her stuff, when she saw someone approaching. It was Naranechia. "Uhh hi. I just wanted to thank you for giving me your room." Naranechia said. Her expression was kind. It wasn't a smile, but it won Jinx's trust almost immediatly. "Oh. It's nothing. I'm Jinx." Jinx wore a small smile. She offered her hand for a hand shake. "Nara." Naranechia said grabbing her hand and then shaking it. "I need to go. I'll see you around Nara." Jinx said rushing to her room to gather her stuff. 

After Jinx had taken most of her stuff to Neo's room on the Nebuchadnezzar. Before leaving to her room to gather the rest of her stuff Jinx went to check on Roxy. She was still sleeping. 

It was already evening and the crew would leave Zion soon. Jinx started making her way to her room. When she got close to her room she saw a man and Nara talking. Nara looked very angry. Jinx stayed behind a corner and listened to what they were saying. "You heard what i said. No apology from me, redhead." The man said on a cocky tone. "Well you asked for this." Nara sighed. She then proceeded to kick the man in his chest. He groaned in pain while laying on the floor. "Never touch a girl without her permission. Got it hot shot?" Nara said. The man nodded quickly. "Good." Nara mumbled while she turned to go in her room.

"And then she kicked the man in his chest! She is so cool.." Jinx finished. Neo shrugged. "Well she seems cool." Jinx nodded smiling. "But we need to head on Neb before they leave without us." Neo said grabbing couple of bags. Jinx chuckled. "I guess you're right." She said and took her bags.