Girls to the rescue

Belle

The girls explained to me that Damien called them. Damien came walking into the living room, and I looked at him.

"I see reinforcements arrived," Damien said with a smile.

"I can plan Christmas," I replied with a look.

Damien gave me a knowing look as I sighed. He walked over to me and rubbed my upper arms.

"Sometimes we need help," Damien said. He leaned over and kissed my forehead, then left the room.

I looked at the girls with a sheepish look.

"At least Damien offered help. Plus, who doesn't want help planning Christmas?" Sherry asked.

"You're chipper for someone who deals with seven brothers," Goldie mentioned.

"Yeah, I had help with that," Sherry replied as Goldie giggled.

I walked over to the other girl. "I'm Belle," I introduced myself.

"Greta," the girl said. "I agreed to help if Dante wouldn't be here."

I looked at Greta strangely.

"Let's get to work, and we can discuss Greta's issue with my brother," Goldie said, clapping her hands and rubbing them together.

I have a feeling tonight will be exciting.

*******
Goldie

We figured out the guest list and stuck with simple food. People can pick and choose what they want to eat. It helps when you make a call and tell your mom about the food issue. I swear the woman loves her food.

"Well, Mom is taking care of the food," I said.

"What about entertainment?" Sherry asked.

"Music and conversation. Make sure to keep your brothers away from Belle," I suggested.

"Yeah, I'm not a fan of my brothers liking any of my friends. It's a no," Sherry mentioned.

That made me laugh. I looked at Greta as she looked through records.

"What about you?" I asked.

"What about me?" Greta asked, looking at me with a look.

"Who will you kiss under the mistletoe?" I inquire.

"No one," Greta answered as I looked at her strangely.

"That's the best part of Christmas is the kiss," Belle mentioned, fluttering her lashes.

"Perhaps for some people it is, but not me," Greta remarked.

We looked at Greta strangely.

"I'm not the type that believes in true love. While most people find that special someone, I prefer not to find anyone," Greta replied.

"Why not?" Sherry asked.

"Because I don't. No rule says that I need a man to complete me. I'm not a girl that sits around and pines for a guy," Greta answered.

"Well, you're a downer. When did you become so cynical?" I asked.

"It's not cynical thinking; it's realistic," Greta replied.

"What about sex?" Sherry asked.

We all looked at Sherry.

"What? Sex is important," Sherry added.

"I've had sex, but all it is sex," Greta said, shrugging.

"That's so sad," Belle said as we all looked at her. "What? I prefer romance." Belle smiled.