10. Mia's Hardship

*M i a  has entered the chat*

Features: -Short brown hair-Round glasses-Hazel eyes-Tall (According to Naruto Hatake: "frustratingly tall, she always has to rub it in that she can reach high shelves

Features:
-Short brown hair
-Round glasses
-Hazel eyes
-Tall (According to Naruto Hatake: "frustratingly tall, she always has to rub it in that she can reach high shelves. She often calls me Shortstack.")

::

Continued from "7. Birthday"

Sasuke stood up, walking over to the door and turning the doorknob. As soon as he opened it a young girl their age burst through, her hair a mess and fresh tears rolling down her cheeks.

"M-Mia!?" Naruto yelped, scrambling to a stand as his old friend sobbed and flung herself toward the familiar face.

"Naruto!" Mia shrieked, hugging him as she attempted to dry her tears.

"I need your help!" She pleaded, her eyes flickering around the room in panic.

Kakashi's eyes widened, and he rushed to the distressed girl's side. "Shh." He tried to soothe. "I-It's alright, let's all calm down so we can figure out what's wrong, okay?"

Mia visibly flinched as Kakashi laid his hand on her shoulder, and she wrenched away from his grasp, backing up in the wall behind her.

"No.." She sniffled.

"Mia.." Naruto spoke softly, slowly making his way towards her. He was completely caught off guard. Mia, his only friend when in the orphanage. Mia, who was always calm-headed and logical. That Mia, was now in his living room over 4 years later, sobbing uncontrollably?

"You can't trick me!" Mia shrieked. She clung to Naruto, sobbing. "Y-you'll just leave..I'm not supposed to be y-your problem..I d-don't matter..t-to you!.." She gestured wildly to the people crowding around them. "I-I'm just a r-random g-girl you barely r-remember!"

"M-Mia, what happened? Of c-course I remember you. You were my only friend in the orphanage! M-Mia?"

Mia continued to cry, but began to calm herself. "Oh Naruto.." she sniffled, looking around at the beautiful home and the people crowding around them. "I'm sorry I crashed your birthday.."

"It's alright Mia, all that matters is you. I want to help you." Naruto struggled to keep his voice steady, kneeling beside his old friend.

Mia shook her head, resisting the flow of tears. "You've always been so kind..I-I'm glad you have an amazing family, and a loving home, but I..I wasn't as lucky."