Leaving Faris Again

The meeting didn't go over very well and I ended up angrier afterwards than I was before. "Alpha" Tom tried to undermine my authority, saying it wasn't my place to tell his pack what to do. That's when I really started to think hard about what Kevin said.

Training progressed everyday, along with meetings with the new members. I was constantly around, helping out. "Alpha" Tom made every one of the new members an Omega. That was rediculous, but since he didn't have real authority, he couldn't really demote them, they were just treated like omegas. I was really disgusted with how things were going.

The women were made to cook and clean, and the boys and girls had varying tasks, depending on age and sex. A month passed and I'd had enough. "TOM!" I yelled, slamming the door open to the pack house.

"I told you to address me as Alpha," he said offhandedly, coming down the stairs.

"And I told you when you earn the title I would. You have yet to earn it. I'm done. I'm fed up with how you treat these people. You are lucky I don't want your pack, or I'd challenge you for leadership. Instead, I'm taking them with me, as well as Kevin and Devin. They have decided they no longer be here with a sorry excuse of an alpha."

He growled, in what I'm sure he thought was a threatening manner. It didn't even phase me. "You won't be taking any of my pack from me."

I snarled, "They aren't your pack! You are not the rightful alpha! If we want to get technical, I am. But I do not want this pack, nor do I want Bailey. Therefore, I'm taking who I want with me. If you want to challenge me on this, why don't we take this outside?"

I hear footsteps stomping down the stairs behind Tom and Bailey comes dashing into the room. "Tom, don't do this. He will kill you. He took my father down five years ago and my father was a real alpha...and had more training than you. You can't stand up against Derreck. You can't even stand against me. Please, just let it go..."

"No, he disrespected me. I won't let it go."

"PUP! LISTEN TO YOUR "MATE" BEFORE YOU GET YOURSELF KILLED!" I roar.

He shakes his head and growls.

"Fine, if you want a death sentence," I say, before walking back outside. I hear tearing clothes and a growl as Tom pounces on me in wolf form from behind.

I'm still in human form and turn and grab him midair by the scruff of his neck and throw him to the ground. He's bigger than a regular wolf, maybe a warrior wolf. Not very well trained, and he has no morals or advanced training.

"SUBMIT!" I yell at him.

He shakes his head and snaps at my hand. I release him and kick him, resulting in a small whine and him rolling over a few times. He gets back to his feet and lunges at me. I had to give it to the kid, he didn't give up easy, but that was stupid for him in this circumstance.

I bring my right fist around and punch him in the snout, knocking him to the ground. He struggles to get back up and I bring another fist down on his head, sending him back to the dirt. A long whine escapes him and Bailey rushes to him.

"He submits...or his wolf does. Just don't kill him, please," she begs.

"I had no interest in killing him in the first place. He just needed to be taught a lesson." I look up and see the whole pack watching us, the old and new members alike. "I'm leaving. Any of you wanting to join me, I own plenty of land all of the place. I move around a bit, but I have large tracks of land around the country and you won't want for running space."

Quite a few of the new members stepped forward, obviously Devin and Kevin both did. I nod, "Go pack your stuff then, and move it to my house down the street. I'll have my boss send movers to get it all to where we're going."

They all walked off, going to get their stuff ready. I made a quick call to Blake and explained what went down. He wasn't pleased, but he understood. He would arrange things for me with the pack in Michigan, where I had bought some land. That way they wouldn't go attacking us. We were on the edge of their territory, only about a quarter of our land was actually with in their boundaries, the rest wasn't owned by any pack.

We all left late the next day, since I had to wait for Blake have a company drop some of my cars off here, just so we would have enough room for everyone to sit. I drove with Abby in the passenger seat and Kevin, Sarah, and Devin in the backseat. Behind us, four more cars followed us with the rest of the people coming with. Not including Kevin and Devin, twenty others decided to come with us. That means, only fifteen of the new members had remained with Bailey's pack. The ones with me now would be considered "rogues" sort of. Not really, but in the technical sense they would be. I was their "alpha" but since I'm not a wolf and my mate is not a wolf, it wouldn't be recognized as a "pack" by the council. Not that I cared. I didn't, I just made sure they wouldn't get attacked.

Once the packs where we moved around to found out who these people's leader was, they wouldn't mess with them, for fear of angering me. I guess something good has come out of my reputation. I couldn't wait to get to my land. We had been driving for twelve hours now, and if it had just been me driving, I would have probably exceeded the speedlimit quite a bit and would have made it there by now. But I couldn't do that with people following me.

My gps still said I had another hour of driving left to get to my house and I sighed. "Do you want me to drive?" Kevin asked.

I looked in the rearview mirror and nodded gratefully. I was getting tired, not physically, but mentally from driving. We all pulled over at the next rest stop, that way everyone could get out, take care of their business, and stretch their legs. When we got back in, Kevin and Devin took the front seats, and I sat behind Kevin, Abby in the middle, and Sarah behind Devin.

Fifteen minutes after we started driving, Abby was fast asleep on my shoulder with Sarah's head asleep in her lap. It was late by now, eleven thirty at night. I didn't begrudge them their sleep, even if I wouldn't let myself fall asleep. I had to be awake when we got their.

Forty-five minutes later, we pulled into the driveway with our caravan of cars. It was September and chilly out to humans, but most of us were fine, except the smaller kids. Being were's, our body temperature is higher than humans and cold bothers us less. We could walk outside in the snow with jeans and a t-shirt if we really wanted to and we wouldn't have a problem, maybe just a slight chill.

Stepping out after Kevin shut off the car, I unbuckled Abby and picked her up bridal style as she curled closer to my warmth. I saw Devin doing the same to Sarah. i wasn't going to stop him, because I couldn't comfortably care both of them. In front of us was a mansion. Almost as big as the one I grew up in.

I pulled the keys from my pocket and handed them to Kevin and he opened the door. Everyone walked inside.

I head for the master bedroom that I remembered from the virtual tour was on the second floor. All the rooms were on the second or third floors. The first floor had a kitchen, family room, den, dining room, an office, and a game room.

I lay Abby down in our king sized bed. I walked back out and saw everyone picking out rooms. "Devin, you can put Sarah in the room across from mine...then go find your own."

He looked a little down when I said he could get his own, but he just nodded and walked off after he tucked her in.

Everyone seemed to find a room that suited them and were happy. I finally fell into bed by Abby half an hour later. I fell asleep immediately.