Volume 2, Chapter 3 - Home at last

Vienna

I looked both ways before motioning the pair after me, the now much taller if the two in the lead with the smaller directly at his side. Apparently, the Atari couldn't just change their size by will, so they used technology.

A shrinking device that adjusted for any smaller height needed.

Axis had made it so he was close to a kymari's average height before we started. It was interesting the difference between heights, you could see that the odd things on the side of his face were only moving because of the muscles surrounding it. So if he frowned, they would lower, if he smiled, they would stand up.

Fern's opinion on his size change was just whining about her feeling short with all the taller aliens around. He only looked at her as if he was vividly disappointed. Which I snorted at. They reached my side and Axis ducked his head slightly, frowning.

"Are you sure this Kymari is friendly?" I nodded, flying forward and towards the house I could see from a distance. They followed, the Atari now a little slow with hesitation.

"Even if.." the foxlet glanced at me perpetually for a moment before continuing, "the dragon was lying we could just take them on couldn't we?" She bared her teeth in a grin at him. He looked worried for a moment, then frustrated.

"Fern.. despite what you might think.. you ARE not invincible. I don't have my stun gun either." He furrowed his brows, The female just threw her hands up, saying exasperated.

"I know that! It's just, can't you get big and stuff and beat them up? I can be a distraction-"

"Fern. You are not going to be a distraction. If we do come to that, I want you to get away." The foxlet opened her mouth, lips curled in a defiant sneer. "Clear?" Axis cut in, his voice was firm and left no place for her to speak afterward.

"Fine." She growled and stomped ahead, ears curling back in repressed indigdance. I glanced surprised at him, ears perked in slight nervousness. He was obviously the better role for a prince. I hovered on the spot as I realized we had arrived.

"We're here."

The door opened for us to come in, I didn't wait to enter. Flying straight into Throne's face and hugging his head, I almost completely covered his head as I thrummed loudly and hugged him. He chuckled and reached up, patting my back.

I heard a high pitched whistle as two forms shot towards me, I launched myself at the two smaller figures, a chirp of relief leaving my mouth as I was reunited with my family again. All three of us twirled and sang to each other in greeting, my scales were vibrant shades of pink and yellow, reflecting off my emotions like they always did.

We all landed on a nearby table. I felt meagan's smaller form latch around my chest and front legs while Aubrey stuck to wrapping his wings around me and holding onto my tail with his, the barb folded so it wouldn't touch my scales.

I buried my head in Aubrey's shoulder as I thrummed as loud as possible, feeling the warmth from his scales putting me at ease. I heard a "aww" from behind me and glanced over, Axis was back to the human height, and fern stood watching us.

Aubry and meagan saw them and froze, Meagan squeaked in fear and burrowed herself between me and the other dragonet, whining fearfully. I cooed at her,

"Its okay, they're nice" I mindlinked the dragonets, Aubrey didn't relax, but was more at ease than 'fight or flight' mode. Meagan only borrowed her snout underneath my wing and whined again.Tyrone glanced at us as he turned around, smiling in a way akin to happiness.

His eyes flickered to the Atari and the Foxlet and he motioned them to sit, acting Insanely polite when two unfamiliar aliens were in his house, and in his living room. The aliens nodded and took a seat, Tyrone sat as well, staring at them before bowing his head to Axis.

"Prince Axis Carwardine." He greeted, "didn't expect you to visit unannounced, it's because of what happened with Prince Sagittarius Oyasumi right?" Axis grimaced, but nodded.

"We snuck onto the ship undetected, and ended up being found." He added after, leaning back and fiddling with the collar of his jacket idly,

"Hey why didn't you use your pod?" Fern quipped to axis, "I don't remember you telling why not."

"Its because if I used it, we would have been tracked." The prince responded back, he looked like he wanted to say more but kept quiet.

I tilted my head as I stared at him, he seemed almost like me perhaps, rational, intelligent, but over all, worried for fern's health. Now that I thought about it, they seemed more like really good friends or lovers.

Like me and Aubrey. My heart ached slightly as I looked at him, with all the stress of getting kidnapped, watching the downfall of humans, flying across a lot of land in only a week, living in the park, Aubrey getting found by Tyrone, getting settled, mettint the alien pair, running away, and then coming back. That just made me realize that now with most of the stress diminishing, that I couldn't help but snuggle into Aubrey.

I sighed contently, I felt Aubrey rest his head on top of mine, and the world finally settled down for the moment.