HIM/HER WITH ME?

POV 3RD PERSON- ONE DAY AFTER ATTACK

Ikkaku was taken to a patient's room after undergoing surgery. While Law had been treating her the other day, Gladius had disappeared and we left Dellinger tied to a boat, deaming him worthless.

Law was doing a final check up on Ikkaku while Kona waited outside the room. She had changed from her blood stained clothes to some sweat pants and a tank top. She felt extremely guilty for how everything went down.

I should have known she was following me. I should have trusted my gut and told the others my suspicion. I should have been stronger. Those impossible thoughts ran through her head when the door opened revealing the captain. He had changed into a doctor's coat and he had taken off his hat.

Kona stood up at the sight of him and awaited the news.

"Shes going to be fine" he says.

Kona lets out a breathe as relief washed over her. She couldn't bring herself to words so she just nodded. Now that she knew Ikkaku was fine she started to feel sore and she felt like puking. She fell back down to the ground and wrapped her arms around her bruised stomach. She closed her eyes and started to internally numb the pain and soothe the bruise.

She was in the middle of this when she heard Law sigh. "Come on, let me take a look at you" he said turning back into the patient's room.

"You don't have to" Kona smiled weakly "you should check on the repairs of the ship"

He stared at her for a second before opening the door. "Just come on" he said. Kona sighed Followed behind.

Look at you, causing more people trouble She thought.

"You're not causing me trouble Kona-ya, so stop sulking and sit on a bed" he grumbled.

Kona jerked back at his words. Are you in my mind?!?

She climbed on to the bed and laid down. Trafalgar gently lifted her shirt alittle to examine the bruise.

They stayed in a comfortable silence as he treated it with some cream.

"Thanks" he mumbled quietly, wrapping the wound. Kona lifted an eyebrow.

"Why are you thanking me?" she asked.

"...They were planning an ambush on the crew. There probably would've been more injuries if you hadn't gone searching" he explained.

Kona looked away with a pained expression. "I couldn't do my job" she said referring to the injured girl on the other side of a curtain. Law looked down at her, then stood up.

"I'm done" he said.

Kona sat up and stretched, inspecting the bandages. She couldn't help but smile, already feeling the medicine kick in.

"Kona-ya" Law said gaining her attention. "Ikkaku-ya had to do her job too. She protected you when you needed her and she's probably relieved you're alright. I'm not sure what the Navy has told you but beating yourself up after not doing everything 100% correctly all the time is not healthy."

He stepped alittle closer, emphasizing his point. "You gotta remember you're only human" he said.

Kona's eyes widened. In all her life she hasn't heard those words once.