10. Abs

Yuzuru doesn't understand why Reika was that mad. They were having a good day out but then she suddenly wanted to go home and exploded when he called her "Rei". Even now he doesn't get it. They ended up walking home in silence. Yuzuru really wanted to go back to TCC, but this time he felt guilty leaving her alone in the apartment. So they took her laptop and notebook and he dragged her with him to TCC.

Reika feels uncomfortable. Very much, in fact. Yes, everyone is acting friendly and smile at her, but she doesn't know anyone here. When they get here Yuzuru immediately go to his coach's office and left her on the cafeteria.

"When people ask who you are just say your name is Reika Hanyu, okay?" She remembers what Yuzuru first said when they arrived here. "That way they'll recognize that you're with me."

But she supposes a change of scenery is good for her every once in a while. Recently she has always been spending her time in her room alone, attending her online classes and doing the assignments. After a while.. it felt sickening.

Yes, now she's still doing the same things, but she gets to do it in a new place. New seat. New view. She takes a deep breath and smile as she opens her laptop and looks around her. She's sitting in the cafetaria, with a chocolate milkshake on her table. She looks through the glass wall, and she can see the big rink, with more than ten people skating on it. The air is cold, but she likes the moisture and smell of coffee here.

Time sure flies. She doesn't even notice the color change of the sky. It isn't clear blue like it was hours ago, but now a shade of orange with a touch of red. Yuzuru is still nowhere in sight.

"What should I do..." Reika stretches her body to get rid of her boredom. Yuzuru told her to stay here, but she's been sitting here for hours by now.

"And then Yuzu just pop his axel! I can't believe it hahaha." Hearing that name, Reika immediately turns her head towards that voice. It's a girl, brown hair, wide eyes. Pretty face. She keeps laughing as she tells her funny stories about Yuzu, making the person with her laughing too.

"I know who that is," she whispered to herself. While researching about Yuzuru on Google, sometimes pictures of that girl popped out. She seems to be close with Yuzuru. Evgenia Medvedeva.

That girl, Evgenia, and her company take their drinks from the cafetaria lady, and look for a seat.

Unfortunately all seats are full.

But seeing Reika's corner, where three more people can fit in, a smile blooms on Evgenia's face as she walks there.

Oh. Reika moves her laptop and sits on the edge so they can move in.

"Hello," Evgenia says with a thick Russian accent. Her smile looks friendly. "I'm new here but I never saw you around. Are you new too?"

"Oh, eum.." Reika isn't so sure what to introduce herself as. "Well, I'm with Yuzuru."

Mentioning his name makes both of them freeze and instead stare at her.

"You're with Yuzuru?" Evgenia's expression changes. "Are you perhaps his w—"

"Oh, I'm Javier Raya! So happy to have a new friend. What's your name?" The person sitting besides her, Javier, offers his hand with a big smile.

He's not the same Javier I met at our wedding... ah right that's Javier Fernandez. "I'm... Reika Hanyu." Reika shakes his hand, trying her best to put on a nervous smile.

"Reika Hanyu?" Javier repeats. "Ah, you must be his sister! Yuzuru once mentioned to me that he has an older sister. Pleased to make your acquaintance!"