8. Avoiding

A visual for today's chapter, enjoy~

Reika Fueguchi opens her eyes.

Today is day one in Canada.

New place, new day.

Reika decides to make her bed and opens the window, letting the sun infiltrates her room with its warmth.

When they arrived to Canada last night, Yuzuru gave Reika her own room, which was used to be his mother's room when Yumi Hanyu lived here. And in a way, she was very relieved. Cuddling with Yuzuru at night felt nice, but if she were to spend the rest of her life in a room with him.... The thought made her shivers.

Thinking about Yuzuru, she casually walks to his room and opens the door.

Eh? He's not here. His bed is perfectly made, with his Winnie the Pooh plushies neatly sit near the pillows. Absolutely no signs of Yuzuru Hanyu. She checks his bathroom, but he's not there either.

She searches around the condo and looks in every room, but Yuzuru is simply not here.

Where's Yuzuru-san?

Frankly, Yuzuru had been cold towards her since yesterday evening, when they arrived in Toronto. On their way in the taxi, Reika fell asleep. But when they arrived, he didn't wake her up and immediately got her stuffs from the trunk and left her to the condo. Thankfully the taxi driver was kind enough to wake her up, so she was able to catch up to him.

Still, that was mean. And since then, he hadn't said a word to her.

What did I do wrong? She thought. Her mind flashes when she asked about why he moved to the condo. He did look upset. But is it really that offensive?

"I don't understand you!" Reika verbally express her confusion and upsetness with a desperate scream.

"I don't understand you," she repeats, in lower tone this time. "I don't understand you, Yuzuru-san."

Seriously though, where is he? Reika looks around the condominium again, but Yuzuru Hanyu is still nowhere to be found.

Reika Fueguchi is used to coming home to an empty house. Everyday when she came home from high school, her parents would usually be busy and her brothers are faraway. It feels lonely, but she's used it it. However never once in her life she has ever woken up to an empty house.

It doesn't feel good. She doesn't want to feel this again.

After taking a bath and getting ready, she's bored. The condo is clean, and... Ah, she nods. Breakfast.

She rubs her belly. She does feel a bit hungry. And so she checks the fridge, but finds nothing.

She smiles for herself and goes out to find breakfast.