Chapter 21

Ashley's pov

************

I've been in New York for three months now and you want to know   the truth?  the truth is, I haven't been able to get Ashton out of my head.

I secretly hoped for him to call but he didn't and I'm still hoping he would call.

Right now I'm at work yeah I came back to my former workplace. Mr Johnson was surprised to see me in his office that day but after narrating everything to him including my past and my present feeling.

He however disclosed my feeling as love.
Love!!!!!!
I didn't realize my feelings for him had gone this far.

Now I'm in my office and I haven't been able to do anything after my recent reveal.

I don't know what to do anymore. I mean I believed he's changed but I can't even get myself to trust or hold on to his word again. He once promised to stay with me forever, never leave me... Yeah I know it was years ago while we were still in high school but it meant a lot to me when he made all those promises and then he broke'em all.

It hurt me..... Alot

And I don't want that pain coming back again to bite me in the ass.

Soon it was 5:00 and twas time for me to go home.
I walked to my car and as my hand reach the handle I heard my name and then I froze.... 

Want to know why??

Cause it was from the voice I was meaning to hear all this time.

Ashton.. Was he really here orr was it my imagination?! 

I turned....... I turned to look at him to confirm my suspicion and he was still here with a small smile playing on his lips.

Then he came closer and closer and closer and clo....
He was standing right in front of me

"Hey" he said breathlessly and immediately took my hands from their frozen position and kissed my knuckles. 

That made me come out of my reverie. Cause when he kissed my knuckles I felt sparks ✨ all over my body.

"Uh Hi?" I was surprised at myself cause my reply came out as a question.

Suddenly, he hugged me.

I was confused now.... Why are my not moving?
he was hugging me and honestly, I felt contented and let's say alive again.

We were hugging for more than 10 minutes now and people were already giving me weird looks especially my fellow colleagues.

"Uh A-Ashton" I whispered

"Oh God... I live for that sound " he muttered then he hugged me tighter. 

Does he want to kill me??  So I tapped him..
"Ashton I ca---cant breathe "

Like someone poured cold water on him he immediately released me.  "Oh my God Ashley I'm so sorry I -- I didn't mean to, I thought you..... Oh no  I'm sorry. I was so overwhelmed" he stuttered running his hands through his perfectly styled hair.
He's looking scared  like I would disappear.

"I uh It's okay I guess" I said chuckling nervously putting a strand of hair that fell out from its position behind my ear.

"I... How are you? Have You been doing good? Are you hungry?, I came to take you out for dinner. I hope  you don't have plans " he asked rubbing the back of his neck with a nervous look on his face.

"Oh I was about going home now... I had a long day" I said and I immediately saw fear of rejection and disappointment in his eyes.

"Ye y.. yeahh okay then do you mind....  "

He kept talking and you know me too, I wanted to be with him also.

"Okay I'll go to dinner with you " I said not caring the outcome later. I didn't even listen to what he was saying earlier.

"Yes?? " he as not believing he heard well.

I raised my brows questioningly

"YESS" he screamed fist bumping into the air .

Man I was forced to laugh.

Suddenly he came closer.
"Ashley" he whispered and I raised my head up peaking at him through my lashes then he continued "can I hug you please" he was still whispering and looking like he was deprived of something.

I didn't know what to say to this.. I know I wanted it but I was scared... Of what??  I don't know.

"Please  just for 10 seconds"his hands were together in a pleading manner🙏. This time his voice was strained. 

I wanted a hug from him too.

One hug won't hurt right.... I wanted  to feel his body against mine again.

So I nodded and immediately he engulfed me in a tight hug like his life depended on it.

I rested my head on his chest taking in his scent and there in his arms....... I found solace.

********
Ok people

Another update for you

Nittaporch loves ya ❤❤❤
Please vote and comment.....
Don't be a silent reader