Bye, Pipes!

I'm doing this because I love you.

CLING! What was that?

We got up, instinctively going for defence.

"Who's there?" I asked. No one answered, so I asked again, this time much more commanding than before. But still no answer.

Just when I was about to blind attack at whomever was there, something was thrown at my feet. It was a 6-inch-long metal stick, with Greek inscriptions and Greek style twirling waves engraved on it. It was blueish and had streaks of red on the words which, thanks to my dyslexia and capability to read Greek, I was able to figure out what it said.

"Το κλειδί της προφητείας των χαμένων" Annabeth read out loud, "The key of the Prophecy of the Lost. What does that mean? In the Prophecy, no key was mentioned." I thought hard, and came up with an idea- I'm smarter than I look like.

"Maybe it's just that it's one of those Prophecies in which a lot of its verses has been lost. Or perhaps it's just that it was written that way, with a lot of meanings and factors and stuff that are in each line." I said. Piper nodded.

"It's probably the second one. Well, who knows?!" She huffed. Prophecies were annoying. All demigods knew that.

"Then we're practically doing something that may or may not be good for us, but we have no way to know except going on and discovering?" Jason summed up.

"Yup." I popped the 'p', "Back to this thing, do we take it or not?" I turned to the Key.

"I suppose so." Annabeth grabbed the mysterious object, "But let's not forget that this may be a trap."

That was basically true.

"Uhhhh... Hey, guys? What is th-" Piper was cut short by a smoky black hand grabbing hold of her ankle and dragging her too fast to even see it towards the shadows.

"PIPER!" Jason screamed her name and ran to where she disappeared, "PIPER!!" We followed suit, but after running around and calling for her, we had to give up. Then something which I didn't expect to see ever in my life happened. Jason was crying. Then sobbing hard. I moved over to him, hugging him in a brotherly manner, whilst shushing.

"Hey, Jason, she might not be dead." I tried to convince him, but mostly me, that we would find her.

At least, Piper wasn't dead because of me.

Wanted to end on a more positive note. My friend @IlonnalovesHTTYD (Lon) gave me the idea of the mysterious disappearance. What happened to her? Why on Earth would the Fates gives such a Prophecy?

The best food in the world,

BLUEEEpancakes