Chapter 27

Aspen's POV

I ran my fingers along Logan's hand. Staring at my ring thinking intently, I sighed. This gang..family mafia thing has always been my biggest nightmare..why am I so eager to let Logan in Lindsay's life..anything could happen to him. And I was so reluctant to let Connor into what could be his daughter's life.My heart squeezed as Logan released a deep, sleepy breath. I love him..that has to be the reason..but I love Connor too..what am I doing? I thought back to a conversation I had with Mom years ago...

Throwback...Three Years Earlier...

I looked at Mom and sighed, resting my chin in my hand, "How do you know you're in love Mom?" She looked at me, startled and stirred the pot filled with stir fry. "Well honey..do you think you love someone?" I tapped my chin and sighed looking away. "I think I love Connor." Blushing, I laid my head on the counter. I watched Mom in the corner of my eye. She stopped stirring and came over and sat on the bar stool next to me, "Well honey..why do you think that?" I shrugged and sighed, "I like him..he kissed me a few weeks ago and I thought he liked me too..but then he said something."  Mom cocked her head and brushed my long locks back, "What did he say?"  I squinted my eyes and repeated what he said, "He can never let that happen again and that he was sorry." Mom sighed, " Well honey..he's young in high school and he doesn't know what he wants. I have no idea why he would say that but it is mot definitely not your fault. He'll tell you eventually and maybe..maybe one day you'll find someone who loves you..but I don't know if you love him..as a man. You love him because he's your best friend and maybe your emotions are getting mixed up. Don't worry about it honey. Now then, Nora is coming to cut your hair. How about you go wash it?"   I opened my mouth to retort then sighed as Mom's cellphone rang. I hopped off the stool, twirling a curl around my finger as I trudged up the stairs.

End of Throwback...

I blinked and rubbed my belly. Why did I even think about that? Groaning, I closed my eyes. Logan shot up rubbing his eyes, "Are you ok? Is it the baby? Is she coming?" I snickered and grabbed Logan's neck, smothering him with kisses. "No. She isn't. I just had a dream." Logan closed his eyes and kissed me, laying back down. "You scared me. Don't do that." I laughed and snuggled close to him. "I won't baby."  Dr. Miles walked in with a nurse, his usual smile on his face. "Hello lovebirds! I just came into check on this beautiful baby girl." I laughed and Logan rolled off the bed. Dr. Miles started his usual examinations and he smiled as Lindsay kissed. "Do you still feel the contractions? Or anything uncomfortable?" I wrinkled my nose and shook my head. "She's been active but nothing I'm scared of..why?" Dr. Miles smiled brightly at Logan and I. "Because I want to tell you good news. You are discharged. You will still need extensive rest but you can go home." I squealed loudly, "Oh Dr. Miles thank you, thank you, thank you!" Logan chuckled and patted me to calm down. "Sorry doc. She's a little excited. I'll get her ready to go and be at the front desk soon." Dr. Miles and the nurse smiled graciously and left the room. My eyes sparkled and I looked at Logan. "Do you know what this means?" He shook his head confused and picked up some of my stuff, placing it into my bag. "We can sleep in a bed together and not be  squished...because I'm so fat." Logan whipped around as I wiped away a tear. He strolled over to me and wrapped his arms around me. "Baby girl..why are you crying?" I laughed softly and sniffed, "I don't know! Hormones. I just feel so fat." I looked down at my belly and sighed.  Logan rubbed my belly softly and lifted my chin, "I love you Aspen..you know that.. and you are not fat. You're pregnant and so many women would love to be this size when they're pregnant." He kissed me. I sat there, eyes closed waiting for another kiss. He chuckled and passed me a pair of jeans, a top and a cardigan.

I slipped them on and looked at Logan who was staring

I slipped them on and looked at Logan who was staring. Self consciously, I patted my hair, "What?" I looked at my outfit and sighed. Logan eyes narrowed and he grabbed me, "Don't even think about that. You look beautiful." He chuckled my chin and I giggled, "Alright." I leaned forward and kissed him softly. He pulled me closer and I moaned against his lips. He pulled away and sighed, leaning his forehead on mine. "We really need to get ready to go." I shook my head slightly, "Just a few more kisses..please." He placed a chaste kiss on my lips and moved back to finish packing. Sighing, I picked up my purse and pouted. "Hey..baby girl..are you mad?"  I crossed my arms and looked away from him. He chuckled and came over and sat on the bed beside me. I shifted away and refused to look at him. "Baby..did you want kisses that much?" He pulled on my hand and I yanked it away. "Don't touch me." Logan swallowed a laugh, "Baby don't be mad." I pursed my lips and shook my head. Hopping off the bed, I waddled to the door. I panted when I finally reached the front desk. A nurse looked up and smiled, "Hello dear. What can I help you with?" I gave her a smile, "I just got discharged. Aspen Moore." The nurse smiled and checked her laptop. "All is good. Have a nice day Ms. Moore." I smiled and heard Logan behind me. " Baby wait." I looked back at him and kept waddling out the door. Stupid man. Absolutely infuriating.

^^^
Tada! Well Aspen is gonna be prone to melodrama. She's pregnant. But what was with that throwback? Keep reading, commenting and voting my lovelies😚💓💗💕💖❤

Also, in love with my book cover! Just can't get over it. Thanks again GlassImagination