Chapter 19

Connor's POV
5 months later...
She's so beautiful..  I watched Aspen walk out of the cafe, holding Logan's hand tightly. She wore black ripped jeans and a tight olive green shirt with large hoop earrings.  She looked gorgeous and so happy. My heart squeezed inside my chest and I felt the jealousy and anger swell up.

 My heart squeezed inside my chest and I felt the jealousy and anger swell up

I blinked and my eyes dropped to her belly. She lay a hand on her growing belly and grinned when he said something. I growled and stopped over to them. "Why do you let him touch your belly? You don't even know if he's the father! Even at school, you won't let me touch what could be my baby!" Aspen's eyes filled with tears and she shrugged, "You and your friend made it quite clear that you didn't want a baby. Remember?" Logan rubbed her hands and pulled her closer to his side. "Dude. Don't you get it? You lost that chance when you said that if it was my kid, you would leave her. Now do me a favor and leave my girlfriend and my baby alone." I growled and stared into his eyes, "What makes you think I'll leave?" Logan narrowed his eyes and moved Aspen behind him. I rushed forward and threw a punch which Logan grabbed. Somehow I ended up on the ground, rubbing my shoulder. Aspen was in his arms, crying. Logan was comforting her, whispering and stroking her back. Finally, after throwing me a dirty look, he lead Aspen into his Jeep and drove off. I revved my engine and sped out of the parking lot,  driving to Aspen's and I special spot that we've always had. I sat on our rock and thought back.

Throwback..

"Connor! Come on!"  Aspen laughed running in front of me, long blonde hair flowing behind me. "Pipsqueak! You're gonna get in so much trouble! I'm supposed to drive you home freshman." Aspen spun around, giggling, "My mom won't mind much. Stop spoiling the fun!" She whirled around and sat on the rock, crossing her legs. I sat beside her and looked into her eyes, her really bright eyes. She grinned and flicked her hair off her shoulder, "I'm cutting my hair soon." I twirled a piece of hair between my fingers and cocked my eyebrow, "Why?"  She gave me the cutest grin that I couldn't help returning. "Cause. It's so long and high school is about changing so a new hair cut will be a nice change for high school." I narrowed my eyes then released my breath, I remembered that I had vowed to never  like Aspen like that so I opted to my big brother act. I ruffled her hair and shrugged, "That isn't what high school is all about, but as long as you focus on school..I guess it's aight."  She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "I don't care what you think. Girls and guys will like me and I will look really cute." She pursed her lips  and I did something I shouldn't have done. I leaned forward and kissed her, gently. Her lips were so soft and sweet, something I wanted to feel forever. I pulled away quickly and blushed deeply, "I'm sorry..I shouldn't have done that..that can never happen again. I'm going to take you home now." Aspen's eyes filled with unshed tears and she ran to my car.

Back to the present...

I sighed and looked towards the trees, I didn't understand how all of what happened between had gone so bad..so fast.  I heard a twig snap and I whirled around. Aspen appeared out of the bushes and her hands flew to her mouth. "I'm so sorry." She whispered and placed a hand on her belly. I noticed a part of her shirt moved and I knew it was the baby. I walked up to her, knelt down and placed my cheek on her belly. "Hi babygirl..It's Daddy. Now I don't know if I am daddy, but I do love you with all of my heart." Aspen's hands went to my hair and she ran them through. I stood up and looked at Aspen, as she wiped tears away. "I'm so so sorry Aspen...so so sorry. Please don't shut me out. Please baby." She sniffed and shook her head, "Connor..I can't..you know I can't." I let my tears fall down my cheeks and I hung my head. I felt her gentle finger run over my cheek and wipe away a tear, "Connor..Lindsay." I snapped my head up, "You named her Lindsay?" She nodded and wiped away another tear, "Lindsay Hope." She dropped a hand on her belly. I followed her hand and rubbed her belly, gazing at it. She sniffed and fanned her eyes. "I can't do this to Logan. I love him. The hormones are confusing me!" She growled and sat down, rubbing her belly with agitation. I rubbed the back of my neck and sighed, "I'm sorry Aspen, but it doesn't matter. This baby...Lindsay is gonna keep us together." She snapped her head and looked me in the eye. "If Lindsay is your baby." My eyebrows rose and I grabbed her. She shrunk back, "What.....what are you doing? R-r-remember last time? W-w-we made a baby potentially." She pulled against my hold and I pulled her closer, "We can't make another one. " She whimpered and I dipped my head to her and kissed her softly. She gasped and stepped back, eyes wide. Finally she glared at me and stepped towards me, "Don't you ever touch me again." She hissed and slapped me as hard as she could. "I KNEW this was a bad idea as soon as  you said 'sorry'.  When this baby is born, I'm going to get her tested and if she isn't yours...I never want to see you again." Her voice cracked and tears filled her eyes again. She turned around and ran to her car. I brushed a hand over my stinging cheek and turned back to the rock, tears running down my cheeks. I can't let her go...I can't.

^^^

Woooww so this chapter was real...interesting...how do y'all think Aspen should've acted? Is Connor justified in his feelings? And why did he vow to never like Aspen?? So much more to come! Keep reading, voting and commenting my lovelies!!!💓💓 Thank you for all the support so far!!!💕💕💕💋💋❤❤💓💓💞💞

xoxo writing_princess16