Chapter 24

Connor's POV

I walked down the hall, towards the elevator. Head hanging low, I pushed the button and sighed. I don’t understand what I’m missing. I picked up a note and frowned. Logan. Meet me on 25th Ave in the old warehouse. I cocked my head then pocketed the note, smiling slightly. I need to figure out what who sent this. What could Logan be hiding after all? I grinned and hurried out the hospital door. Driving down the street, I finally got to the warehouse. I looked out of my window and wrinkled my nose. The warehouse’s exterior was new, fancy and not what I had hoped. I sighed when I saw a man dressed in a fancy suit start to yell and three men in suits with guns followed behind him I shrunk in my seat as they looked towards my car then slipped into the limo. I followed behind closely until I noticed two tinted black sedans following me. I turned down another street to avoid them and watched them drive past. This doesn't make sense...Who is this man? I drove home and jogged up my steps, opening my door. I gasped when Olivia's popped in front of me. "Baby! Where have you been?! Your mom let me in. She left awhile ago though. What were you doing??" I groaned and pushed her away. "Liv.. can you just..let me breath please?! For goodness' sake you are too clingy!" She stumbled backwards and hung her head, tears filling her big eyes. Inwardly, I groaned and pulled her close. "Baby I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. Come here."  She sniffed and hugged me. "I didn't mean to hurt you baby. I'm sorry. I just.. I had a rough day." She nodded against my chest and looked me in the eye. "Darling..you just push me away all the time and I really want us to be closer..you're still so hung up on that Aspen girl. You need to forget about her. I'm the girl you want. Why were you so eager to sleep with her and you can't sleep with me?"  I looked down and rubbed the back of my neck, "I don't know-"
"Stop lying to me all the time! Tell me why!"
"Because I love her! And I don't love you."
She blinked and hung her head. "Oh."
"Baby.."
"Don't call me that."
"Olivia...sweetheart..."
"No! I swear if I hear one more lie come out of your mouth, I'll hit you."
I pulled her close and kissed her, "I can begin to love you though." I cringed as the lie flew out of my mouth. She pulled out of the kiss and heaved a breath. "Are you sure? I love you already and you don't seem to feel the same and I'm sick of loving people who don't love me and so help me I will hurt that Aspen girl if she tries to steal you one more time-" I yanked her back into a kiss and molded her body into mine. "I'm positive baby..I can love you. I already like you." She smiled brightly and pulled me into another kiss. Inwardly, I cringed at all the lies I constantly told Olivia. She didn't deserve the lies, the hurt she would feel soon enough. But I needed her off my back to find out more about Logan and to get back my girl, Aspen. She pulled back and blinked innocently. "Can we get a room? You know..try some things...be the couple we were meant to be?" I glanced at the stairs and let her drag me up. She kissed me gently and sat on the bed. I followed and sat down beside her, "Are you sure? There's no going back." She nodded eagerly. "I'm ready."

A few hours later, I looked at Olivia. She lay on my arm, hair all over my pillow. Snoring gently, she cuddled closer to me. I sighed and stared at the ceiling. I don't know why I slept with her..I ruined her life and I was supposed to leave her. Why am I such a wimp? I broke my train of thought as Olivia stirred and opened her eyes. She smiled sweetly and kissed me, "Hi."
I smiled back and rubbed her arm, "Hi..how do you feel?" She shrugged and lay her head on my chest. "Not any different.. hoping you love me just a little...but I know it doesn't work that fast." I shrugged and sighed, "Baby please be patient..it'll happen.. I just need time." She looked at me and kissed my cheek, "I can wait forever..I just really feel happy right now. Let's not ruin it." I nodded and stretched, "Mom will be home soon. Let's get up before then." I started to rise when Olivia propped herself on her elbow, "What happened to your dad? You never talk about him." I pulled the sheets around myself and stood, searching for my clothes. "He left us...years ago. Came back and died in a car accident." She gasped and I heard quiet footsteps behind me. A soft, gentle hand rested on my arm, "I'm sorry...I didn't know." I shrugged and pulled on some pants, "It's alright...it was three years ago. I'm basically over it now." Olivia pulled me to face her and a frown darkened her eyes, "No...you're not." She picked up her clothes and glancing at the clock, slipped on her top. "Come on.. Let's get ready before your mom comes home and kills us..well particularly me." She chuckled slightly and sashayed to the door. I shook my head. Where is the Olivia that came to America? This is the one I started dating. I snorted and followed her downstairs. She sank on the couch and tucked her toes underneath her. "What do you want to watch?" I shrugged and sank down beside her, pulling her into my arms. "Whatever you want. Your choice." She giggled happily and selected The Best of Me. I lay my head on hers and sighed, content. "Baby?"
"Hmm?"
"I love you..thank you so much..for everything and for finally letting go."
"Thank you...and your welcome. Someday soon I hope to say I love you right back." I cringed again at the lie and inwardly consoled myself.

^^^
I'm so sorry this is a little late but it's a double update today! Hope you enjoy!!! Keep reading my lovelies💕💓❤
Also tell me in the comments what should happen between Olivia and Connor and Aspen and Logan!

xoxo writing_princess16