The Lies. The Truth. (7.2)

|| Renessme ||

With their retreating backs, I could feel my anger dissipating as well. Forcing my eyes shut, I concentrate on my breathing.

The minute the boys had left the room, hurried footsteps stopped at the edge of the bed, my bowed head shoots up to see my parents standing before me, relaxed and relieved.

In no time, I was enclosed in a hug, and light kisses showered all over my face, causing me wiggle out of their embrace, wiping away wet marks of the assault, "Stop! That's... Ewww. Guys!"

Somewhere from my right, I heard thunderous roars of laughter coming from ZenZen, I mean King Zender. Arching my eyes at him, "Kiddo, clean yourself up. We'll talk."

Aunt Rose and Mom, help me till the bathroom. Finally settling me at the bathing stool, I say to them, "I'll handle things from here, can you both, please, wait outside."

Scoffing at the idea, Aunt Rose said, "Take a chance with you falling?"

Mother agreeing with Aunt Rose, she starts to help me with braiding my hair, "Nothing doing."

Whining at their overbearing nature, I attempt to get up, "Mom! Please, I won't be comfortable with the both of you here."

Settling me back in firmly, it was Aunt Rose who tried to make me give in, "Ren, we'd just sponge you."

My unhurt arm covers my chest, groaning I ask them something I genuinely didn't want to hear the answer to, "Who changed me yesterday?"

Facepalming herself, Aunt Rose dashes out of the room, shouting back, "Oh. I'll just fetch her clothes."

Arching a eyebrow at my mother, as she avoided my eyes.

After a couple of seconds, she clears her throat, "Baby, why don't you take care of your morning business first," she points to behind me where I knew was the commode, and continues, "then holler us, Okay?"

Why's she ignoring my question?

Nodding my answer, I ask her again, "Mother, you didn't answer..."

Not even letting me finish, she shrugs and leaves the room, shutting the door behind her.

Letting it go for now, I get busy with taking care of my daily business, and wobble towards the sink to brush my teeth.

As soon as my toothbrush is placed in the mug, and I begin to strip out of my robe, I hear the two women entering the bathroom, without any decency to announce their arrival.

Gritting my teeth together, "Did I not hear the knock?"

Aunt Rose, moves around me to the bathtub, turning on the water, "We knew you were done, sneaky one."

"How? I didn't call you." I said, scratching the itch on my wrist that was plastered.

Carefully walking me to the stool again, she settles me while looking for a bath cloth, and towels, "This one here has sensitive ears, she heard you."