15: Insanity

As she woke she turned over to see Carter wasn't in his crib, she raced down the stairs to see the baby laying in Jace's arms. She began to breath calmer, and she wasn't as afraid, however still afraid of him hurting the child.

"Jace may I see Carter?" She asked holding her hands out towards him.

"Of course," he handed her the baby, "how are you feeling?"

"Sick..worried." She said. "About Carter, cause you know we know nothing of his DNA or possible problems he could have. Like allergies, or issues that can arise." Jace nodded, he didn't know what she was trying to do. She was hoping he would be willing to take her and the child to a hospital to have someone check on him, and she was going to try and say something to someone.

"Its alright dear, we will be just fine. We have always been okay with our children." He replied, she nodded afraid. This meant she wouldn't be able to see a doctor, people. She then heard a sound, a car door?

Jace heard it and let out a short panicked yelp. "Get upstairs with Carter, now." He snapped and she raced up the stairs. Holding the baby close to her she locked themselves in the bathroom, She needed out, she needed to be safe, she needed the baby to be safe. Carter would not grow up in this, nor would her unborn baby. Even if Carter wasn't hers she would protect him.

That was when she realized what she had to do, play the cards. She put Carter in his crib and came down the stairs, she saw a girl about her age speaking to Jace. He turned towards her, she knew there was a chance of punishment, and for the rest of her life she would hate herself for this. She came to Jace's side an grabbed the pocket knife from his back pocket, however kept it hidden behind his back. She saw the smirk on his face and she knew he thought she would do well.

She flipped up the blade and the two stepped back together as the girl sat on the couch.

"Thank you for letting me crash tonight, I got so lost."

"Its alright." She said with a smile and stepped towards her, the girl closed her eyes for just long enough, and she stabbed down. She took her chance, and did it. She began to bring it down more and more, the girls life already gone, she tried not to say anything as the blood splattered over her. As the darkness washed over her, she felt the warm blood, saw the girls life fleet from her eyes. And was suddenly satisfied, she felt insane, felt like any second she could die and yet again she felt safe. She new no matter what happened she could protect herself, she could protect her baby.

She gave him the knife and without a word made her way to the bathroom, she removed her clothes and began the shower. She hated herself, she hated everything about herself. Yet at the same time, she was proud of herself, for what she had done. She was proud, she could make him believe she was going to love being there, love being his wife.

He was insane and she was going crazy here, she was unsafe here, but she knew she could protect herself and the children. She just had to keep pretending to be crazy, she could succeed in life.She would do anything to protect her children, and then she realized exactly why they did what they were doing. Protecting their family.

She was crying until she felt arms wrap around her.

"You did so good baby girl."

"I had to keep my babies safe." She said as he kissed her. "I will always keep them safe."

"Good, and I will always keep you safe."

She smiled as she cleaned the blood off her face.

She was a new women, and nothing would get the way of her and keeping her babies safe.