Chapter 43: Sick Day

Omar's POV (🎉🎉SURPRISE! 🎉🎉)

I heard dad's calling name as I finished praying my Fajr Salah. I put the prayer mat on the table of the prayer room and began to walk towards dad's home office, where dad was.

I was sure dad was calling me to have some office files checked for him. It was like a daily routine that dad and I did every morning after Fajr Salah.

I made my way towards dad's home office and knocked on the door.

"Come in, son," I heard dad calling out.

I opened the home office door and saw dad sitting on his table and looking at some files. Mom was just beside him, standing and looking through the book shelf to grab some law books.

"Good morning, sweetheart," Mom said as I grabbed the chair across dad and sat there.

"Good morning, mom," I said to him. "Good morning, dad."

"Good morning, Omar," dad smiled as he put a file in front of me. "Omar, this is a file for our next project."

I nodded and opened the file to look over.

"So . . . ?" Mom asked as she looked over me.

I looked at mom.

"How was the date yesterday?" Mom asked.

Dad smirk as he relaxed on his chair. "Oh yeah, both of you came all wet yesterday night."

Suddenly, all the time I spend with Yumna flooded in my mind. I remembered how we went on rides and how we fought with the cotton candy. Then I remembered how Yumna and I were jumping on the rain and danced and then the kiss on her forehead . . .

A smile formed on my face, unknowingly.

Mom stepped near dad's chair and leaned on it from the back.

"Wow, I don't think I have never seen my son getting lost in thoughts and smiling like this before," mom said, in a teasing voice.

I rolled my eyes as mom and shook my head and looked down on the file.

"Well, we are going to see more things like this from now on, isn't it?" Dad laughed.

Mom laughed with him as I kept quiet.

It was a bit awkward on having my parents pulling my leg like this. I sighed and looked at my parents.

"Mom, dad, it was just a simple hangout," I said, trying to act normal.

"Is that so?" Dad laughed, totally not believing me.

Just there, dad's phone rang. He took out his phone from his pocket and got off the chair to talk in his phone.

Mom sat on dad's chair and looked at me. She smiled at me as she took my hands on her.

I thought she was going to say something cheesy or emotional, rather she said, "Omar, when am I going to see my grand children running around our house?"

I looked at her in shock as she burst into laugh. She laughed as she looked at me and I gave her an annoying look.

"Okay, sorry," mom said, still laughing. "But honestly, I am 45 years old. I am getting too old, you know. I need to see my grand baby soon."

I sighed. "Honestly, mom! We are in high school."

Mom sighed. "That's the sad part. I really wished Yumna and you could pop out babies soon."

I rolled my eyes.

This woman had turn crazy. No wonder Emily was as crazy as mom.

I got off the chair to leave the room. Just one more minute there and mom and dad would tease me and tell me all their weird meaningless dreams.