01

For your information, I'll write this book from the original on my main account😂
I'm trying my best in my first work.
Please tell me if there will be mistake or something, I'll fix it😉

____

Those memories always haunted him. It made him restless, very uncomfortable, and so very lost. A big lost. That happened for entire 5 years.

To distract that torturous mind, he sunk himself into the job, his pride job. No, he's not CEO. Yes, he's rich. Filthy rich you could tell, even though he was just Head of the biggest and modern hospital in US. Even every region had it. People put him in the same category as the most eligible bachelor because he was single and the most important one of successful businessman in the country.

But they didn't know the truth behind his boyish smile.

Alexander Gideon Rojas. He's the new Head of Victorian Hospital, replaced his father almost 7 years ago. He was known as one of the best surgeon doctor. Sometimes he did the surgery as his job even though he was the boss here, but he respected his title as a doctor and he proud of it.

Coming from wealth, their ancestor was the most influence people. They had business here and there, and still running until now, under Alex after his father transferred to him since he became Head of Victorian Hospital.

Now, wearing his black Armani suit, he attended the charity ball in one of five star hotel. He became main spot for all women in tight sexy gown but he ignored them. He didn't care about them because he was busy chatting with his friends.

Holding his champagne glass, he enjoyed talking about random things including about his experiences in medical world. When he looked at his glass was empty, he searched the waitress until one of them passed in front of him. He stopped one of them and said thank you.

He eyed the event, he found every guest enjoyed it and talked then passed by. Under the glimmer light, he saw the stage. The host ended the funding session. He smiled because this event was success like before the one he attended.

But, he stopped when he found something.. Someone.

His sight stopped on the waitress. Wearing black pants and white blouse or shirt something like that. Her long hair tied in ponytail, holding empty tray she walked in through crowd.

What is she doing here?

"excuse me," he said to his friends and followed her.

He stopped when the woman entered the back door. He was looking around, afraid if other waitress found him here and kicked him out. He put his glass on the table near the door. Surely he was alone, he walked passing the door and found a hallway.

He walked in silence and slowly until he found the door hanging the board 'staff room'. The door left ajar so he could peep.

The woman captured his eyes now lent on the table and her palm ready to her mouth. His eyes focused something on her palm. There was or were pills. Not one but not much. She gulped and drank the water from the bottle. She breathed in and out slowly. She touched her forehead and wiped it with tissue she found in her pocket pants.

She is too thin and pale. What is this her job?

He's wondering until he heard the sound in the room. She was now walked out of the room. He hid in small alley in the hallway.

So many questions would be asked to her but he waited until the event end. Now, he strode away to the ballroom. He looked around to find her before he joined his friends. Now, she served another drink on her tray. So he thought about what he did 5 years ago. Did he make wrong decision? Because he thought he set her free if he divorced her. But, the result could see by himself. It was disaster maybe.

He made sure he could see her when he chatted with his friends. He felt nervous to wait until the event ended. He was afraid if she gone suddenly so he couldn't talk to her.

"do you like the event?" asked one of his friends.

"it always amaze me. The money rises up than before and many people participate. How can not I enjoy this?" he answered still wandering her then looked at his friends.

The event was over at midnight so he excused himself and waiting outside. He sat still in his driving seat. Too long to wait, he opened his phone to waste time till she showed. He heard the commotion outside and found many people. Maybe the waitress was at the event. So, after a while he found her.

Wearing Blue Jeans and jumper while carrying her bag she walked pass the crowd. But before he opened his car door, she hailed a cab. He decided to follow her. The cab stopped in front of the building he assumed as apartment even it didn't look like that. This was old building, dirty environment. He crunched his face when he looked around but he lost track of her. Too late to meet her.

But before he could think about the next plan, his phone rang.