Chapter 30

"So where did we stop?" I leaned forward to see Hudson.

"Why did you come to save me?"

Earlier Blue attacked Frank but three other men came and managed to seize us. They brought us in a small room and tied each of us to a chair.

I sat next to the widow and next to me was Blue who just fished a small blade out of the back of his pants.

"I care because I had to! What do you want me to say?" he hissed.

Blue started cutting the rope while he glared at Frank. He just sat in the corner with his head resting on the back of his chair.

"The truth! Why did you come?" I repeated annoyed.

Why can't he just tell me the truth? 'I had to'? Seriously?

Blue begged Frank "Please end my suffer, mate!"

"Why did you come?" I know I am strenuous right now but I just have this feeling that I am about to come through.

I think I am just about to break his last wall down. He is always avoiding personal questions but now he can't just walk away.

"God, I don't know! You are so fucking annoying! I should have let you stay here and just continued living my damn life" he bursted.

Okay, that hurt...

"Why are you here if you don't even like me?" I can't let anyone notice that I his statement offended me.

Hudson sighed and leaned ahead to look at me.

"I do not not like you!" he replied and pulled his fetters in vain.

"So you do love her?" Blue turned to Hudson.

He threw his head in the back and sighed big time.

"Shut up!"

"Wait? Love?" I asked Blue.

He gazed me with a knowing look and winked, right before he ripped his fetters opened and threw the blade in between Franks eyebrows.

Frank fell soundlessly to the ground and Blue immediately hurried to him to take his keys.

"You are never prepared, chap! That's why you're number 27 and not 17 or something like that" Blue criticized him.

"Now please tell the girl your true feelings" he said waving the keys with a victorious smile upon his face.

I turned my head to Hudson again to see him boiling. His entire body tensed and a small wound on his jaw opened.

"Blue, open our fetters. Now!" Hudson desperately pulled the rope.

He was avoiding that question and something was telling me that's better like that because I wouldn't like his answer.

"Just let it-"

"No, no! I want to hear the mans answer" Blue interrupted me.

Why can't he just let it be?

I know, a few seconds ago I wanted him to give me that exact answer. But it's obviously not his intention to ever tell me that.

For god sakes! I started to like that guy.

I don't know why but I started to develop feelings for him even though he never gave me a reason to do so. He was just doing his job and I fancied he might feel the same but that's obviously not the case!

I should just give it up, I should give him up. It was a stupid idea anyway.

"Blue..." Hudson growled.

Blue rolled his eyes and grabbed Frank by his hair. He pulled his dead head up and formed his mouth into a smile.

Something about the way he treated his body- so casually as if it was just a doll- made me shiver.

"I told you to not make the same mistakes I did!" He hissed and let go of Frank.

Hudson glared at him but didn't say a word. Instead he just took a deep breath in and out.

The tension was killing me.

"Damn it! Just free us" I felt my eyes tearing up.

Blue viewed me with sad eyes. Then he got up and walked behind me. After a little pressure on my wrists I felt the fetters come off.

He silently walked to Hudson to free him as well. No one said any further words which I was so grateful for.

We opened the door and started running. We didn't care if there was anyone behind us, we just ran.

When we reached the last door Blue took out a gun and shot the lock with a loud bang. Hudson quickly opened the door and pushed us threw it.

He took my hand and pulled me but my body froze when I heard a familiar voice call out my name.