18. [End]

"So you've decided? Are you sure, baby? I mean, I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"Mom," I softly smiled, "you've helped me figure out a lot. I am completely sure. I will Dallas one last try. I don't wanna get hurt either but you don't live without getting hurt."

"Okay honey, just tell me how everything goes."

"I will," I stand up and kiss her forehead, "I'll be back soon. I love you."

-

I knock on his door, having walked slowly down his street because I was nervous.

The door opens and I seen him with a cancer stick hanging from his mouth. The bags under his eyes were much more noticeable from this view.

"Keith? Why are-"

"I wanna give us one last try, Winston," I interrupt, not wanting to give myself a chance to back out of saying it.

His eyes brighten and he takes the cigarette out of his mouth, "y-you do? I-I didn't think that you'd want to. What I did was a shitty thing to do and-"

"Shut up and hug me," I say, tears building up in my eyes.

God, I missed him. I missed his sweet, butterscotch smell. I missed his bear hugs. I missed his smile. I really missed that the most.

He stepped forward and brought me into a hug. His body was shaking and it was a light hug, as if he didn't want to hurt me.

"I love you so much, Two, I am so sorry," he cries into my shoulder.

"I love you too," I say, a tear slipping onto his shirt.

This was a lot harder than I had expected it to be but it felt nice. I really do love Dally and like I said before, you don't live without getting hurt. Pain is apart of life. You just gotta deal with it the best way you can. Give everyone a chance, not a lot of 'em, but as many as you think they deserve.

I ain't gonna completely forgive Dallas for what he did. He did me wrong and I will never forget that. But for now, I can let it fade into the past and just hold onto him for now.

I'm gonna hold onto him real tight.

The End

•Shitty writing but good ending. How was this? 1. Thank you for 2k! 2. Honestly, I love this book so much. Some of the chapters sucked but others were great. I apologize for it taking me so long to update but I just couldn't write. Thank you guys so much for all of the support you have given me <3 I hope you guys enjoyed the end•