8.

"I-i c-can't," I whimper, feeling tears slide down my cheeks.

"I-it hurts," I cry, holding back a sob.

He gets in front of me and takes my chin in his hands, making me look at him.

"I know it hurts baby, but you gotta do it or else it's going to get worse."

I nod slowly and let go of his hand. He stands and puts his arms under my arms, slowly lifting me. I swallow a scream and move my legs, getting in a crouching position.

"Now slowly stand up and straighten your back," he instructs.

I do as he says and he takes action, carefully lifting me up bridal style and lays me on the bed.

All I can muster up are small sharp breaths.

He runs out of the room and comes back with a box. A medical box, I'm assuming.

I shut my eyes tightly, the pain growing worse.

"Hang in there, you'll be okay," Dallas says calmly.

"I-I-"

-

My vision slowly fades in once I open my eyes. My head pounds and it feels like a 500 pound weight is on top of my body.

"You're awake," someone whispers and I look over to see Dally smiling while putting on his shirt.

"What?" I ask, not remembering much.

The last thing I remember is Dallas carrying me and setting me on the bed.

"You passed out because the pain was too much," he says, filling me in.

"Oh..." I sit up, the pounding in my head getting worse.

"Lay back down, I'll go get you some water and food, be right back," he says, walking out of the room.

"What the hell?" I ask myself.

Dallas is acting weird. He's being... calm and kind, it's a weird trait for him.

Not the kind part, but he is smiling a lot. The gang and I don't see him smile that often, it's quite rare actually.

I'm glad I can make him smile.

He comes back with two pills and a glass of water, along with a sandwich.

"They're pain relievers," he hands them over and I swallow them.

"Thanks, Dallas," I smile.

"Anything for you, babydoll," he winks and I roll my eyes playfully.

"Come lay with me, please," I reach my arms out like a child.

"Okay okay, I'm comin," he chuckles and lays down on the other side of the bed, scooting towards me enough for me to roll over onto my good side and bury my head in his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, careful of the new stitches.

"Do you want to just skip the date?" I ask.

"How about we just take a rain check?" He suggests.

"Yeah, that sounds good," I say, having another thought in mind.

I wanna just say, 'do you want to date me?' But I feel like he would say no. Build the confidence, Keith. Build it.

I huffed, "Dallas?"

"Yeah?"

"We can still go on the date, but would you do me the honor in being my boyfriend?" I ask, holding back an awkward laugh.

"You don't want to wait for the date, huh?" He chuckles.

"No, I want you now," I say honestly.

"Forward, aren't we?" He laughed. "But yes, I will be your boyfriend."

"Yay," my voice was muffled because of his chest but it felt nice to be in someone's arms again.

•How was this?•