17.

The car ride was silent and there was lots of tension in the air. Neither of us dared to speak.

Should I forgive him? Either way, I'm hurting myself. Don't forgive him, try to move on and be in pain because I've loved him so long. Forgive him and be scared he's going to hurt me again. But it would slowly get better with time.

Suddenly, I was launched forward, being stopped abruptly by an arm.

"S-sorry! Sorry," Dallas takes his arm away from my chest. "A car sped past the stop sign."

My heart pounded against my chest as I calmed down quickly. "Thanks. You don't have to apologize," I respond.

He nods, not sure how to respond. He continues to drive and I just pick at my jeans, looking out the window.

He pulls into my driveway and doesn't turn off the car. My heart races as I try to think of something to say but he beats me to it.

"I'm sorry Keith. I am so fucking sorry," he says, turning his head away from me. He says it with a shaky voice and I realize that he's crying.

He takes a deep breath, "have a goodnight."

I step out of the truck, a lump stuck in my throat making it hard to speak, "You too."

I shut the door and speed towards the front door and practically break it down. My breathing goes funky and my body shakes as I walk around the house, looking for my mom.

"Mom?" I say, sitting on the stool and leaning on the counter.

"Yeah, honey?" She was making lunch for herself and I since Allison was in school.

"I seen Dallas today."

She looked up in surprise and slowly nodded her head, "and what happened?"

"I was sitting on that bridge drawing and he somehow found me and tried apologizing. We talked and he apologized more and I know he means it ma, he started crying. And Dallas Winston doesn't cry. Not for anyone. Not for anyone but me. He wants us- I want us to be okay. But I'm so confused and I just don't know anymore. I need help," I explain, feeling a bit better after letting out my thoughts.

•How was this?•